IGNORED

Anybody have images to the original Newsroom clip art disks?

Fun shits and giggles I recently was trying out The Newsroom, by Springboard, in AppleWin. I had fun memories of messing with this as a kid, getting for my 10th birthday or some jazz. However when I messed about with the images I noticed something with the clip art disks - they're not the ones that originally came with the program.

I know that they made at least 2 clip art disk addons, and one of these 2 sets are the ones that seem to be included or around on the Asimov site, but not the originals.

I know that there's a pdf online of the manual of the original program ummm...

http://www.bytemania...he_Newsroom.pdf

Here.

The clip art that seems to be on Asimov is of the first addon.

I'm looking for the original art that came with it.

Does anyone have the images, or even original disks to image?

EDIT:

I mean for the Apple 2 version. =) Forgot to mention this...

Edited by HuckleCat

Fun shits and giggles I recently was trying out The Newsroom, by Springboard, in AppleWin. I had fun memories of messing with this as a kid, getting for my 10th birthday or some jazz. However when I messed about with the images I noticed something with the clip art disks - they're not the ones that originally came with the program.

I know that they made at least 2 clip art disk addons, and one of these 2 sets are the ones that seem to be included or around on the Asimov site, but not the originals.

I know that there's a pdf online of the manual of the original program ummm...

http://www.bytemania...he_Newsroom.pdf

Here.

The clip art that seems to be on Asimov is of the first addon.

I'm looking for the original art that came with it.

Does anyone have the images, or even original disks to image?

EDIT:

I mean for the Apple 2 version. =) Forgot to mention this...

I've got copies of all the Newsroom clip art disks. I could turn them into nibble images that you could run in AppleWin with your image of Newsroom. Let me know if you'd like me to do that.

Dean

• Like 1

Yes, please!

Wow, yes I would really appreciate it, big time. I know the first set is on Asimov, but the original clip art that comes with the program and the second set I cannot find anywhere.

You, sir, are the man!

I will PM you my email address. If there's anything I can do as far as images or even TOSEC sets or whatever, just let me know.

I've got copies of all the Newsroom clip art disks. I could turn them into nibble images that you could run in AppleWin with your image of Newsroom. Let me know if you'd like me to do that.

Dean

Mind sending them to Asimov toooooo? :)

Edited by Streck
  • Like 1

Is the Springboard Newsroom program in any Atari archives? I apparently have the full version with like 5-10 floppies for the Atari 8bit. These are not copies, but originals. Just wondering if its something worth trying to archive? I believe the main floppy and the art floppies are copy protected from looking at the manual.

I'm not sure, I have the A8 TOSEC set, let me check...

Yeah, they're not part of the Educational or Application TOSEC sets for the A8.

I'm not sure of any other archives though. I know that the TOSEC sets for the Apple 2 do not include "The Movie Monster Game" (1986) by Epyx, but they're on Asimov. I included it in my personal sets.

Hey Magnus, how is the imaging coming along? =)

I'm not sure, I have the A8 TOSEC set, let me check...

Yeah, they're not part of the Educational or Application TOSEC sets for the A8.

I'm not sure of any other archives though. I know that the TOSEC sets for the Apple 2 do not include "The Movie Monster Game" (1986) by Epyx, but they're on Asimov. I included it in my personal sets.

Hey Magnus, how is the imaging coming along? =)

Sorry i didn't reply sooner. Busy week and this weekend we're going out of town. I'll bring the disks into work with me on Mon and make .nib copies of them on my IIc here. Then Mon night I'll see about getting them uploaded to Asimov and sent direct to you. Again i apologize about taking so long to respond.

• Like 1

I've got the disks with me at work today, along with the documentation showings what all the clip art is. Going to be making .nib images and scanning the docs. Then I'll e-mail the stuff to you, HuckleCat, along with sending to Asimov as Streck suggested. By the way I like your signature about White Castle but I won't mention it to my wife as she really loves White Castle, while I can't stand them. When we were in Collinsville, IL a couple weeks ago she absolutely had to have White Castle.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Was finally able to try the info I found in Computist to copy the Newsroom Clip Art disks. It worked like a charm. Have now used ADTPro to make disk images of the disks and will be uploading to Asimov in the next few days. I plan on making pdfs of the docs for Newsroom and the clip art disks, so it may be a week or two before I upload to Asimov.

You're welcome. As I told you in the message with the disk images there are some of the graphics on the disk that came with Newsroom that are messed up, specifically it seems to be Sports 1-6. I'm going to re-do the copy with the other disk 2 that is still at work and see if that fixes the problem. I also plan on copying the docs for Newsroom and the clip art disks and then make pdfs from them. Would you like copies of that also?