IGNORED

The woman and the omen...a goodwill story

KAZ

You know something strange is going on when you go into a goodwill and find three Super Nintendo cartridges for $2.99 each...

Then you walk over and find 5 nintendo cartridges selling for $5.99.

Two of them were the ultra rare Super Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt

The vision is complete when you notice the cashier. Her hair seems much like a nest in a tree. You wonder if you are really inside anymore.

I've also seen 1 gatrillion genesis consoles and controllers.

1 megaplexacatrillion billion Super Mario/Duck Hunts

But not a single Atari cartridge has ever seen a certain Unique thrift

store. I wonder if the employees are yanking the merchandise. They must be in league with Tree-Woman.

Oh yeah, the three games I got for $2.99 each:

Ms. Pac-Man

Winter Games

Donkey Kong Country

I had to pick up Ms. Pac-Man, since I'm sorta on a quest to collect all the various versions of the game.

Donkey Kong Country seemed like a bargain at $2.99, but I wasn't going to purchase it for any more than like $3.04

Yeah, somehow I just don't get jazzed up about collecting for most sports games...for example:

I have no need to collect 1993 Stanley Cup Hockey for Genesis

Or Lakers vs. Blazers in 1991 or something.

Possibly I could get into collecting different golf, pool, or even tennis sports games, just to see how different systems/companies simulate them.

Playstation pool vs. Super Nintendo style pool...or even N64 pool. It is nice from a collector standpoint to see the comparisons (strengths/weaknesses)....at least for me.

Baseball, Football, and Basketball are ones I don't collect for. But games like double dribble are still necessary to have. NBA Jam is another unique type basketball game worthy of consideration.

Although nobody can get by being a Nintendo collector without some must-have type collector titles like: Bases Loaded, RBI Baseball, and that football game 10 yard fight or something.

When you get into strings of sports games like: 1993, 94, 95, 96, 97

Hockey for Genesis or Super Nintendo it gets a little tedious.

I see a TON of those sports games in Unique, and no one ever grabs them.

NES era sports games were the best. They werent so realisitc that you had to read the manual to play them, and they were sophisticated enough to at emulate the real sport. Today's sports games are either too realistic or too simple. you never have a combo of the two like you did in the 8-bit era.