IGNORED

Springer = Total Aggravation

Jess Ragan

This has nothing to do with the television show, although that title would still be accurate. I'm referring to the Tigervision release Springer, a furry platformer similar to Atari's own Kangaroo.

Now, this game isn't entirely bad... the graphics are functional if not fantastic and the gameplay has more variety than the average 2600 game, even though some of the play mechanics from the arcade game were taken out. What really irritates me about Springer is that there's no apparent way to beat any of the rounds. I can't even finish the first because it's impossible to make the jumps between certain platforms... platforms that are your only path to the end of the round. I've stood at the very edge of these platforms, jumped, and just as it seems that I'm going to make it to the next one, the rabbit plunges to his death.

IS there a way to finish the rounds in this game? I'm totally convinced that there isn't. If someone could prove me wrong, please do so and explain how I'm supposed to make these jumps!

JR

The arcade game is a little more forgiving, in that it's actually POSSIBLE TO BEAT. Save states certainly don't hurt, though.

If you need to get the taste of Springer out of your mouth, may I suggest gargling with Pandora's Palace? It's a cute, fun platformer by Konami starring a little Greek guy with a big Greek nose. You'll never be able to get that tune out of your head when you grab the power-up armor... it's so catchy it should almost be illegal.

JR