IGNORED

Milan 040 info?

Tupin

040 cpu (64MHz but don't quote me on that), pci graphics and audio card, high resolutions, lots of RAM and an all around pretty good machine. TT clone would be more accurate though. It runs TOS 5 which is TOS 4 with some improvements and of course as all ataris and clones freemint (which is being actively developed btw). As for what you can expect to pay for one, assuming you can get someone to part with one, I don't know. Never seen one for sale so anything from 500 to 1000 euros would be a fair assesment. For that kind of money though, I'd be looking at a firebee.

Why would you need a milan for?

Edited by Christos

Milan040:

25 mhz 68040, up to 512 megs of RAM (ST-Ram is taken from main memory), TOS should be 4.8 iirc, AT form factor mainboard, four PCI and three ISA slots, IDE onboard for up to four devices.

The 040 can be swapped for a 50 mhz 060, if you can get hold of an adapter board, and if your mainboard supports it - if you're unlucky you'll have to exchange some chips.

There are jumpers on the mainboard to push it further than 25 mhz which means higher CPU performance as well as the 040 runs at board speed, the 060 at twice the board speed.

My Milan 060 has an S3 Trio graphics card with two megs of memory, drivers exist as well for ATI Rage cards.

A Milan is pretty much a GEM machine. Fine for graphics, text processing, internet and such.

It can be run under MagiC Milan or MiNT, just as under Linux and maybe BSD.

Christos: 64 mhz would be reached with a 060 upgrade and 32 mhz board speed.

This link http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19743 should cover the graphics and sound card things (at least the graphics). Sound is basic Soundblaster 16 card iirc, but you need the Milan blaster driver. The ROM is a different matter. TOS is stored on flash rom. I would imagine the machine should have that but if not I guess you'll have to track down something..

The ROM should be within the ROM. ;)

Apart from that you might get it to work with the original driverdisk which contains S3 graphics card driver, some auto-folder stuff and one or two accessories.

Also there is the full package on an added cd-rom.

I think there should have been a ROM disk as well.

Would have to go through some my stuff to find that out though.