IGNORED

compumate basic

player 0ne

so compumate has this very limited basic programming environment. is there anyone on atariage who would be capible of helping to write some software for it, this is my first attempt at learning a programming language. its kinda hard to find printed books on a 30 year (or older) programming tool.

Are you good at basic programming? if you can write a decent program for the compumate or the basic programming cart , i will make a cash donation to you. or i can send you my unwanted atari 2600 games as payment for your help!! It would be really cool for someone to write new software for the compumate. ..

any ideas? i have typed up all the commands and will publish them here soon..

i know compumate is dumb. it is. there must be a few hundred sold recently. any compumate owner is gonna download and run any software than can be found. so making new software shouldnt be a waste of time.

can anyone help me figure out how to reverse engineer other simple BASIC software so it can be run on the compumate?

I would like to set up a website with a list of commands with explainations and examples like RT has done for batari Basic.

The Basic interpreter in the CompuMate was very limited compared to other home computers at the time, so it's difficult to use existing programs made for other home computers. However some could be re-written to work within these limitations.

I've started work on a game for the CompuMate, I don't get a lot of spare time to work on it, but I should have something to demo in the next few weeks.