IGNORED

Observation at FYE

eric_ruck

Just an observation at FYI in Arundle Mills, MD...

They're XBox section was better stocked than their PS2 section, and much better stocked than their GameCube and GBA section. And about 2/3 of the customers on a busy weekend night were shopping XBox.

One more XBox observation, some of the release titles which are really pretty good are now available cheap almost everywhere. I've seen new $19.99 titles at FYE and CompUSA of all places.

Eric

Not sure what your point is, but, if you look at industry data (like NPD or TRST) PS2 is outselling Xbox on average 3 to 1 in North America. In Europe the ratios are higher for PS2, and in Japan PSone outsells Xbox many weeks.

Maybe you saw lot's of Xbox stuff the week after Christmas because it did not sell as well as hoped and hence was still in stock?

At $199 Microsoft looses significant money on each console, not so with PS2, it's sold at a good profit :)

The more consoles they sell at $199 with 2 free games, the more money that group looses. What 3rd party software support they have is up in arms at the free game giveaway BTW:

It's game content and compelling titles that sells consoles, not the perception of more power or better graphics. The 2600 vs Intellivision is a prime example and I'm sure you can think of many others.

jerry

Xbox live seemed to have boosted sales of consoles and games, they sold something like a quarter of a million of those things so far. But it's still nowhere near PS2 numbers. You probably just have a store manager who likes the Xbox over the others or is receiving nice $ from MS for doing that.

Xbox Live sold a lot more than they though,which was good.Microsoft has announced that more than 250,000 Xbox Live Starter Kits have been sold in North America, doubling the company's original expected sales for the service.About all the extra games and such,just after Christmas take backs. :ponder: :D :)

I was just talking with my local independent video game store owner about how Christmas went and general holiday sales. He told me that Xbox had a good season even or above PS2 and that next was Gameboy Advance and finally the Gamecube. He said the Gamecube wasn't selling well at all and that Xbox had picked up lots in the past 6 months. This is one observation at one store in one Florida town so please don't flame me Microsoft/X-box haters.

To further confuse this story I was in the FYE in Franklin Mills in Philly and it isn't that there is more left over X-box stuff, there was a larger section for X-box.

The store had Ps2 and Ps1 games combined and GC and GB and GBA game in one section. And it was just like 5 DC games and All X-box on another display, it has been the same way for about 2-3 months there.

Actually FYE has more X-box games there an either the EB, Kay-B, and Toys R' US in that mall. Haven't been to the game stop in that area in a while but they hardly ever have any preowned X-box and not much new X-box stuff their either.