IGNORED

Atari 2600 Boulder Dash (R) Announced!

Albert

One of the reasons homebrews can take a little while...

post-2641-0-20519300-1335040822_thumb.jpg

Imagine having to program, print, assemble and ship 250 of 'em.

This pic reminds me of those commercials that used to tell you how many bowls of Product B you would have to eat to get the nutritional value of one bowl of Product A.

BTW, Nathan, what modeling software is being used to render those nice pics? if I may ask?

This pic reminds me of those commercials that used to tell you how many bowls of Product B you would have to eat to get the nutritional value of one bowl of Product A.

Like this one? ;)

BTW, Nathan, what modeling software is being used to render those nice pics? if I may ask?

Cinema 4D. DaveD introduced me to it (I used to use Carrara), and I like it quite a lot.

Like this one? ;)

:lol: That's exactly what I was thinking of!

Cinema 4D. DaveD introduced me to it (I used to use Carrara), and I like it quite a lot.

Ah, okay, thanks. I use Carrara now (still on version 6). It's buggy but it gets the job done and the price tag isn't too shabby. I'll check out the demo for Cinema4D.

Back on topic...I'm looking forward to seeing Boulder Dash on my doorstep! Very excited! :D

so much for my christmas 2011 present... :mad:

Dude, stop complaining. Do you want me to refund your order?

..Al

I thought he was joking. He's really serious?

I'm sure he is serious. He also complains about the Harmony cart not being powerful enough!

Next he will complain about Seaweed Assault being too random! ;)

Fernando, you have to realise this a hobby for those involved, they do it in their spare time, sometime things can be delayed!

I haven't been on in a few. I've been terra-forming my yard to make it habitable for humanoid life. Anyway, I remembered the game and had to see what's new. Any news of when it will be released? I'm not complaining. I'm just curious.

P.S. Seaweed Assault is too random.

• Like 1

I've been terra-forming my yard to make it habitable for humanoid life.

Hmm, new game idea...

As for Boulder Dash, I too am getting anxious, for 2 reasons.

1 - I am still very much looking forward to it, and eagerly awaiting it.

2 - I totally understand delays, especially at the corporate levels, and all of the hassles involved. Just making a few myself really make me appreciate the fact that it is in the back of my mind, but never something that I HAVE to do. Work, family, house... those all take precedence. But it has been quite a while, and as long as we are updated frequently, it helps the wait.

• Like 1

so much for my christmas 2011 present... :mad:

Dude, stop complaining. Do you want me to refund your order?

..Al

I thought he was joking. He's really serious?

I'm sure he is serious. He also complains about the Harmony cart not being powerful enough!

Next he will complain about Seaweed Assault being too random! ;)

Fernando, you have to realise this a hobby for those involved, they do it in their spare time, sometime things can be delayed!

I haven't been on in a few. I've been terra-forming my yard to make it habitable for humanoid life. Anyway, I remembered the game and had to see what's new. Any news of when it will be released? I'm not complaining. I'm just curious.

P.S. Seaweed Assault is too random.

I'm an emulator fan. I love pc as a gaming platform, because one can play with an original atari joystick, paddles, many d-pad, keyboard, mouse, wheels etc.

But this release is superb. I'm an inch of buying a real Atari 2600, just for these incredible homebrews cartridges I'm seeing here in Atariage! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

By the way, is it possible to insert a real cart in a modern pc?

Edited by Liduario
  • Like 1

I'm an emulator fan. I love pc as a gaming platform, because one can play with an original atari joystick, paddles, many d-pad, keyboard, mouse, wheels etc.

But this release is superb. I'm an inch of buying a real Atari 2600, just for these incredible homebrews cartridges I'm seeing here in Atariage! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

it's possible with genesis ,nes and snes, i think there's no adaptor for atari yet though

Edited by fernando marrin

it's possible with genesis ,nes and snes, i think there's no adaptor for atari yet though

Actually I think there is an adapter you can make that will work with the "Retrode" so it can read 2600 carts for use on emulators. I don't know much about it since it was so expensive, I didn't look further.

http://www.retrode.org/plug-in-adapters/

• Like 1

Get a real console. Either mod it yourself, or have it done. Personally, I would get a six switcher unit, woody as it's iconic and very recognizable, but any model you prefer makes sense.

Then, get controllers and some carts, ideally a Harmony cart, so you can put games on SD card. Plugging carts in and out is fun too, so get some you like, just because.

Show it off! I've taken mine to the office for Medieval Mayhem tourneys, and we've had a blast. All I really had to do was set it up, turn it on, and leave the paddles on the conference room table. Didn't take long, LOL!!

Right now, I'm in a lull because the kids are older and outta the house, but I would get the whole works out around Xmas time for some gaming fun. They would have 100 or so carts laying around, most of the manuals rubber banded together for reference, and the various controllers. Good for hours. They would settle on the more recognizable and accessable carts, though some were surprising to me. "Stampede" was popular, "KABOOM!" was too, of course "Space Invaders", etc...