IGNORED

Atari 2600 Boulder Dash (R) Announced!

Albert

Yes, I have a ton of games to add to the database. I'm working on revamping the backend to make it easier for me (and others!) to do that.

I really like that idea. If you could allow certain trustworthy individuals (not including me since I can't be trusted) to edit a lot of the pages of AtariAge, they could keep everything up-to-date and it would be less work for you. They could do things like keep info updated, check for dead links and add things to the broken Links page:

www.atariage.com/links/index.html

Yes, I have a ton of games to add to the database. I'm working on revamping the backend to make it easier for me (and others!) to do that.

I really like that idea. If you could allow certain trustworthy individuals (not including me since I can't be trusted) to edit a lot of the pages of AtariAge, they could keep everything up-to-date and it would be less work for you.

That's the plan.

..Al

• Like 1

I really like that idea. If you could allow certain trustworthy individuals (not including me since I can't be trusted) to edit a lot of the pages of AtariAge, they could keep everything up-to-date and it would be less work for you.

That's the plan.

..Al

'bout bloody time, Albert. :twisted:

hey, the man is busy. it's a miracle he has enough time to do what he does do with AA.

Oh, I get that. And I have not been at all hesitant about giving Al props for creating and maintaining this amazing site. But ever since the late '90's I and others have been offering to help with the grunt work that goes into filling so many holes in the database. It would be great when (if) we could all contribute so the entire burden would not fall on Al.

Presumptuous of me, no doubt, but I susupect he'd agree that the site could be more comprehensive if those of us who want to help could do so under his specific direction. It IS his baby, after all. But let's face it, we ALL nurture this hobby in our own way.

Am I right about this, Albert?

I'd love to give it a proper review but something says I need to make it further than the third cave! :lol: :ponder:

I wish SOMEONE would do a review! It's been a week already.

All we're getting is "am keeping it in the plastic"..,. or, "It's arrived but don't have time now... will play it tonight, can't wait"... and then they disappear of the face of the planet.

Cheers

A

I received my copy last night, but I haven't had a chance to really play it. I tried it out for about 5 minutes last night and it looks like it will be my new addiction.

I was playing it on a 7800 and for some strange reason when the title screen came on, it rolled vertically (as if it were a PAL game on an NTSC console). I am going to try it on my H6'er tonight and see if that is the issue. I apologize if this "issue" was already addressed in this thread, but at 36 pages and counting, I wasn't going to go through the whole thing looking. Either way, it doesn't affect the gameplay, so I am not at all concerned...I just want to play the heck out of this game tonight!!!!

Thanks again to all involved. All of the incredibly difficult work getting this project together is greatly appreciated!

I fired mine up for 1 min of game play, just to be sure it works. I will have to try it for real when I get a chance.

The good - just about everything, sound, graphics, gameplay.

The bad - Title screen rolls on my tv I tested it on (9" portable with DVD player) I don't think anything else I have rolls on it.

The ugly - I suck at this game, need more patience!

I was playing it on a 7800 and for some strange reason when the title screen came on, it rolled vertically (as if it were a PAL game on an NTSC console).

The bad - Title screen rolls on my tv I tested it on (9" portable with DVD player) I don't think anything else I have rolls on it.

Make sure that the RIGHT DIFFICULTY switch is set to B. If it's set to A, this will put the game into PAL mode (and in particular, if the LEFT DIFFICULTY switch is also set to B, that'll put the game into 50Hz mode, which would certainly cause your television to roll).

..Al

I was playing it on a 7800 and for some strange reason when the title screen came on, it rolled vertically (as if it were a PAL game on an NTSC console).

Make sure that the RIGHT DIFFICULTY switch is set to B. If it's set to A, this will put the game into PAL mode (and in particular, if the LEFT DIFFICULTY switch is also set to B, that'll put the game into 50Hz mode, which would certainly cause your television to roll).

..Al

oops....I should have read the manual. I will try this out when I get home.

..Al

OPPS No wonder the game was acting finicky...here I thought my Atari was on the fritz. Good to know! Was too excited to play to bother reading the instruction manual for proper setup, lol.

Maybe that might make the game easier too? I didn't expect this game to be as challenging as it is.