IGNORED

Sega CD, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast Instruction Manual Scans

TSOLfan

Wrapped up my back insert scanning and uploaded Virtua Cop 2 through X-Men Children of the Atom (30 games). I also scanned in the jewel case cover and back insert for the Sega Rally and Virtual On Netlink editions. The front insert was just a single sided single piece for both.

Unless someone notices something I didn't, once I get replacements for Doom and True Pinball that I couldn't scan, and then inserts without UPCs cutout for F1 Challenge and Last Bronx, that should be it.

Also, if there's interest in me doing back insert scans for all of the Dreamcast titles, let me know.

On the Sega Master System front, R.C. Grand Prix arrived has been uploaded and linked.

I still need a copy of Alex Kidd in Shinobi World and James 'Buster' Douglas Knockout Boxing, as well as replacement manuals for Alf, Fantasy Zone, and Teddy Boy, and a replacement insert for Ghost House (without the UPC cutout). If anyone has extras of any of those and would be interested in donating or cutting me a deal, send me a PM.

• 1 month later...

Just got around to scanning and uploading replacements for F1 Challenge and Last Brox. Also, my replacement copy of Doom also arrived so that was scanned and uploaded as well. That just leaves True Pinball as the last Sega Saturn rear insert I need to scan that's still stuck inside the case.

• 3 weeks later...

In the past couple of weeks, I received multiple notifications from MediaFire (where I was hosting my scans) that some of my scans were reported as a violation of some sorts, and had been removed. I contacted them asking if they could let me know who had contacted them so I could turn in turn request permission, though, multiple requests have all been ignored. By the time they had removed 8 games, I started working on an alternative.

I re-uploaded everything to my own server, so instead of just hosting the index, it now hosts the index and scans alike:

http://www.ratigators.com/

I kept the UI basic. Click a system, scroll through the "shelf" of games (which uses a lazy load, so only the items on screen load for bandwidth's sake, but as you scroll and items come into view, they will load), click to load the manual (which uses some basic math to determine the viewable height and do some rounding to keep the amount of cached thumbnails on the server to a minimum (100 pixel height increments)), and click any page for a full screen view (if the default manual isn't already large enough to read).

With the variable height interior manual preview images, if you are the first person ever to visit the site with your specific vertical resolution, the preview images may take slightly longer to load while the server builds them (the top thumbnails are consistent for everyone). The next time you view the same manual it will be quicker (or if someone running your same resolution has already viewed it). I did this so the server only has to build what is requested.

I threw the code together fairly quickly, and uploaded everything just the same, so if you notice any errors or glitches, please let me know.

Also, picked up the last replacement Saturn title I needed, and the back insert for True Pinball has been uploaded to my site.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And we're back to the regularly scheduled program.

For those that didn't happen to visit ratigators.com yesterday, all of the Sega console links redirected instead to Nintendo consoles, each with a scan of a Mario manual. Here's the links for those that missed them:

http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=NINTENDOENTERTAINMENTSYSTEM

http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=NINTENDOSUPERNINTENDO

http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=NINTENDO64

http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=NINTENDOGAMECUBE

http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=NINTENDOWII

http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=NINTENDOWIIU

Yea, I could have spent the time it took to scan those in to tag more Dreamcast back inserts, but sometimes I take a break to amuse myself. Those will stick around permantely, and I'll eventually get around to scanning my manuals for those systems (none of which are complete, but my personal "best of" collections).

Also, while on the topic of other non-linked links, here are two more:

http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=VMLABSNUON

http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=SNKNEOGEO

On the Neo Geo titles, I have one game in the mail (Real Bout Special), and 5 more on my WTB list (the last in each of the series I own) that I'll get around to eventually.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Huge thanks to a new Cover Project member, Specialt1212, who has been going through my site and letting me know things that need to be fixed, such as Sega CD games where I flipped two pages instead of one, resulting in some missing pages.

I lay blame squarely on my (then) newborn as the distraction :P

Sega CD 32X

Supreme Warrior: Missing Pages 30 & 31

Sega CD

Dark Wizard: Page 1 (labeled start up) is messed up it looks like the image was moved during scanning

Dungeon Master 2 Skullkeep: Missing Pages 30 & 31

Lethal Enforcers: Missing Pages 8 & 9

Microcosm: Missing Page 6 & 7

Third World War: Missing Pages 34 & 35

So, a year after uploading everything originally, those games are now once again complete.

It was also noted that my Virtua Fighter for Sega 32X was missing quite a few pages, though, after checking my manual, every page I had was scanned. My manual seems to have two entire sheets that didn't get stapled in (resulting in 8 missing pages, pages 5, 6, 7, 8, 25, 26, 27, 28). When I get a replacement manual for that, I'll get it scanned (assuming that it has all of its pages).

Specialt1212 is also sending me a batch of Sega Genesis and Sega Game Gear manuals to start up those sections.

Huge thanks!

Also, again, if anyone notices any issues, let me know and I'll get them fixed as soon as I can.

Also also, if anyone else has a stack of Genesis or Game Gear manuals they want to send my way for me to scan in the same fashion I've done everything else, I'll cover your shipping costs (both ways if you want them back).

• Like 1

I have a family member that's been picking up every Wii U Virtual Console Super Nintendo game released, and thus far, I've owned physical copies of every single one of them, so I went ahead and got those scanned in and uploaded.

I didn't check to see if these scans were already available elsewhere (I'm sure someone, somewhere, had already scanned in Super Metroid at least).

As I (think I) mentioned before, I'll eventually get around to scanning in my Nintendo collections, which are primarily just the Nintendo released titles and my personal favorites (sans most RPGs, my brother was always the one that picked those up, but I own a few).

• Like 1

A replacement copy of Ghost House for Sega Master System arrived so I've replaced my insert scan that had the UPC cutout (my only Master System insert that had one).

Also, Specialt1212's package arrived, and I've gone through everything Sega Genesis related and created this spreadsheet:

http://bit.ly/ratigatorsgenesis

That way, everyone can see what I've already received as donations and what's in my queue for scanning.

Again, I can't thank Specialt1212 enough, and they also have the honor of being manual donor #1.

• Like 1

Sega Dreamcast back inserts front and back scans for E through H have all been uploaded, so I'm just about a third of the way through the full set.

Also, I've gotten started scanning Genesis manuals with a block of 12 games, which contains all 3 Phantasy Star games, all 3 Shining titles, and all 6 original Sonic titles (only the Sonic Classics manual is missing at the moment).

Also also, I did things a bit differently since I'm not starting with a full/nearly full set as I did with my other scan projects, in that, instead of titles showing up when scanned, I'm showing everything. Empty boxes means I don't yet have the manual and clicking will prompt a donation form as well as a full list of what I do/do not have, and a "SCAN PENDING" graphic means that I do have the manual on hand (I've got about 20% of a full set), and I just haven't scanned and uploaded it yet. I'll be going alphabetical from here on out with what I have, and will bump up any donations sent in where the sender wants them back (and as a reminder, I cover shipping, including return shipping if you want them back).

http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=SEGAGENESIS

• Like 1

Uploaded 10 more Sega Genesis games, though, 6 of those are inside a single manual, the 6-Pak 70 page manual.

I also added some additional notes to the front page of ratigators.com to list how many I've scanned out of how many I have out of how many there are, and I've added a column to the linked spreadsheet to also include a scan column to note which ones have been scanned.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Time for another status update.

Finished scanning in the rest of the back inserts for the Sega Dreamcast, so now that section is entirely complete (manual scans and back inserts), just like Sega Saturn.

I also tracked down all missing Sega Master System manuals except for one, and those have all been uploaded.

I did also take another Sega detour, and since I already scanned in my Neo Geo collection, I scanned in my entire Super Nintendo collection and built out placeholders for my Nintendo 64 collection (neither are complete, just my personal best of set).

I'm working on Sega CD back inserts currently, and then will pick back up my Nintendo 64 manual scans before heading back into Sega world and continuing to scan Sega Game Gear and Sega Genesis manuals.

I'll also probably get around to scanning in my Gamecube collection, though, as with everything, no ETA's, just when I find the time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finished up all Sega CD back inserts for jewel cases, and also scanned the digipack game cases, and the front/back of all of the original cardboard releases.

I also noticed that I never scanned the newspapers that came with the Sherlock Holmes games when I originally scanned their manuals, so I scanned in both of those and uploaded them.

So, that should wrap up a complete archive of US Sega CD art (covers, manuals, inserts, maps (for Vay), and supplemental books (the newspapers for the Sherlock Holmes games).

That adds to the also complete archives of US Sega Saturn and US Sega Dreamcast. I've got one Sega Master System game left to eventually pick up to also cross that collection scan off my list, then waiting for deals on 3 32X manuals to also cross those scans off.

As always, if anyone notices anything I missed or screwed up scanning, let me know.

• 2 months later...
Finished uploading manual scans for my Nintendo 64 collection (including the Crusin' USA poster/manual), so here's a quick shortcut for those that want to skip the homepage to check them out:

Thinking I may tag some NES manuals from my NES collection (as I've done with my SNES and N64 collections) before heading back to Sega land for Pico, Game Gear and Genesis scans. At a minimum, scanning in the 3 Castlevania manuals for a Halloween themed update.

• 3 years later...

A question, are you intentionally leaving system, controller and miscellaneous accessory instruction books, or are you loking to add them. I need a couple and thought I could contribute by scanning a couple of the Sega and other console, controller, and accessory booklets. They are in legible condition, but some have some folds for being stored in awkward places, but no markings.

The ones I have for Sega systems are : Genesis console instruciton manual (model 1, post extention prot removal), Sega CD System Manual, (front loading model 1), 32X system instrrction book (from a Day 1 32X, where they talk about the CDX spacer as an option), Sega 6 button controller, Video Monitor Cable, Menacer controller instructions (NOT THE 6-PACK OF GAMES), Team Player 2 (EA 4 Way Play-compatible), CD Back Up Ram Cart, Saturn System, 3D Control Pad, Keyboard Adapter, Netlink, Netlink Internet Quick Start Guide, 6PLayer Multi-PLayer, Game Gear rechargable Battery Pack,, Dreamcast system, Mad Catz Dream Blaster (the Sega authorized gun for the US market) , Mad Catz Dream Accessories Catalog, Interact DC Alloy Arcade Stick, Sega Visual Memory Unit, DCX Game Adapter, Nyko DC Commander (good for a fightpad, but not authorized), Sega DC Microphone, Performance DC tremor Pak, Sega 4x memory card.

The ones I need, and can hopefully find a scan later for are: SS Virtua Stick, SS Stunner, SS Mission Stick, SS Memory Card, DC Maracas, DC Keryboard, the authorized DC rumble pack (I know that's a Nintendo name), Sega Master System, (preferably form the one with Snail Maze built in) , SMS Arcade Stick, SMS Sports Pad, SMS Light Phaser, SMS 3D Glasses

I also got some game and system/accessory manuals from Atari 2600, Bally Astrocade, Odyssey 2, Intellivision, Colecovision, Arcadia 2001, Starpath Supercharger, Atari 5200, NES, Atari 7800, SNES, Turbo Grafx 16, 3DO, N64, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Game Cube, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, Xbox One. Tell me what you have and I'll see what holes I can fill.

I don't have enough time to scan and send them all to you via email. Also even though i know you intend well, if you get a lot of items coming in, you might forget whose is what's and either I get instruction I didn't need or (worse) i don't get certain ones back. If you have all Sega based accessories, you scan them. If you don't have a particular one or few, I'll scan it and send it via email. I casn scan back to back pages like 1+back, 2+3, 4+5 etc. It also keeps the scans in a legible order.

• 6 years later...