IGNORED

atari2600.com - My daughter ordered 7800 boxes without asking condition

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

Hey guys, I'm wondering if those that have dealt with http://www.atari2600.com have been happy with their purchase / condition. It's my birthday today and my daughter ordered two 7800 boxes from the site without contacting them about condition first. Since she recently ordered them, they have not arrived yet but she just told me about the purchase that she made a couple days ago as my birthday present. I am just concerned because the site doesn't mention anything about condition and I'm really picky about my 7800 items. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited that she bought me two cool presents that will complete two fairly hard to find games for me since I already have the cart and instructions for both. The thought she put into looking around on the internet and actually finding a place that sold 7800 boxes only is so awesome. She is such a great girl!

I guess my question is, are the items that don't have any description of the condition presumed to be in nice shape? Also, does anyone know if the owner or owners of the site are a member here at AA? They are actually really close to me, I live in North Phoenix, Arizona and they are in Chandler which isn't too far at all. I can't wait to get the package and see the boxes, the birthday present from my 16-year-old will complete my Fatal Run and Ninja Golf. It wasn't a big deal that I know the price she paid, she actually showed me the printout of the receipt and I think the prices were pretty good. Yep, she's 16 and has her own bank account and a bank card with the Visa logo. She paid $9 for Fatal Run and $5 for Ninja Golf, plus shipping....I actually wish the site had more boxes that I need because it's very difficult to find anyone selling boxes only for 7800 games. I'm now in a position that I consider buying harder to find games CIB and then just flipping the cart and manual since I have almost all of them.

If anyone knows of any other sites that sell 7800 boxes, please let me know. Or, if you have any laying around that you could live without, shoot me a PM. I currently have 26 boxes with some of the harder to find boxes being:

Double Dragon

Ikari Warriors

Mean 18 Ultimate Golf

Midnight Mutants

Planet Smashers

RealSports Baseball (Black Lettering Variation)

Scrapyard Dog

Water Ski

and soon....

Fatal Run and

Ninja Golf

The site has a lot of great stuff, I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't already. I found the "WANTED ITEMS" interesting, I'm not sure if these prices are up to date and if they really pay as much as they say they do on certain items. For instance, I have quite a few factory sealed 7800 Fight Night's that the site says they pay $11 for a cart only. If this was true, I would send all of my extra's in....even if they only gave store credit for them. This was just one example in the "Wanted Items" section that I can personally relate to, most of the prices seem about right while other's seem dated.

I'll be sure and post a pic of the boxes when I get them since I made this big post about them and the website. Any thoughts or experiences with the site would be great while I wait for the boxes to arrive, thanks for reading my rambling. :-D

• Like 1

Condition can be variable but they do tend to have better condition stuff. If it has heavy wear they usually note it.

I believe the owner does have an account here on the forums but he doesn't post much, not sure how much he reads.

Mitch

The boxes are in excellent condition. Fatal Run has a small tear in the corner of the top flap. Atari 7800 boxes are actually quite popular. Our inventory of them changes regularly. Hope you enjoy adding the boxes to your collection.

Our Wanted Items page is due to be updated next week. We'll also be adding buy prices for selected NES game cartridges.

JC

Atari2600.com

• Like 2

I've not visited the place, (A storage Unit, I believe, which keeps costs down) nor had the opportunity to buy or sell anything but the few times we did communicate, he was always professional, so I don't think you should worry, and he's been around a long time. As a resident of the valley, you also probably know that "Dampness" is not a problem here... LOL.

I got them today and Ninja Golf is nice looking but Fatal Run is pretty beat up. Not only does it have the tear but it is quite smashed and also has marker writing over the UPC code. I would definately recommend contacting them about condition before buying something from atari2600.com. I'm still very happy with my daughter and the Ninja Golf box is good to go but I'll still be on the look-out for a nice looking Fatal Run box for my collection. Maybe I'm too picky but with the crushing, the tear and the marker on the box, you would think that would be noted. I wouldn't buy again without finding out about condition or even a pic of the actual item.

• Like 1

I did go back and click on the box link and it looks like a stock photo....both boxes were perfect looking.

Speaking of the Absolute games, I won a CIB Super Skateboardin' today for about 16 bucks plus shipping. I've been watching the brand new one's on ebay and they are asking $40 to $50 but I don't really want a sealed one anyway. I was very happy with the price I got the CIB one for and the box looks really good.

I did go back and click on the box link and it looks like a stock photo....both boxes were perfect looking.

Speaking of the Absolute games, I won a CIB Super Skateboardin' today for about 16 bucks plus shipping. I've been watching the brand new one's on ebay and they are asking $40 to $50 but I don't really want a sealed one anyway. I was very happy with the price I got the CIB one for and the box looks really good.

Yeah, that is fantastic, you got lucky a reseller didn't catch that. I paid much more for mine (found two at the same time) and ended up selling the dupe.

AX

Maybe I'm too picky but with the crushing, the tear and the marker on the box, you would think that would be noted. I wouldn't buy again without finding out about condition or even a pic of the actual item.

Yep. You're too picky. If you only expect perfection then please do write to inquire about specific items. The Fatal Run box is certainly of high enough quality to satisfy most people. The box can also be returned for a full refund if you're not completely satisfied, which you're not. Please write to our business e-mail address for return instructions.

JC

Atari2600.com

I don't expect perfection, Ninja Golf is far from perfect and I'm very happy with that one. The only thing I expect is that major wear like black marker writing on the box to be noted. Forgetting for a moment about the crushing and the tear but black marker writing!

I doubt that this box would "satisfy most people" but it's all good, lesson learned. These were a gift from my daughter and as far as she knows, everything is great. I'm not going to return one of the boxes for that reason alone, my daughter is very happy that she got me boxes. It also doesn't make sense that I already paid shipping on it, I would then have to pay to ship it back, just to get 9 bucks?

Like I said, the box will do fine until I can find a suitable replacement. Thanks for having the return policy, it just isn't the best option for me right now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...