IGNORED

eBay seller warning: dkd4

J.Max

This guy (Dion Dakis) is the head of the infamous Neo Geo Freak store, who at CGE shredded inserts to many rare and expensive Neo Geo Homecarts. More importantly, though, he is a known scammer who has ripped off quite a few people in the Neo Geo community by selling bootleg cartridges and mutilating the instruction manuals and even the boards. He has recently begun selling a lot of rare Jaguar merchandise, so be very careful about buying stuff from him. He was also recently suspended by eBay for shill bidding, so don't be surprised to see his end prices be very high. Here's some more info, if you're interested:

http://www.shaolin-venoms.com/ngf_bible/ngf_blues.html

This is called the NGF bible and it details some of the scams that this guy has been involved in. I hate to start this stuff here, but I don't want to see anyone get taken by this scam artist.

http://www.shaolin-venoms.com/ngf_bible/ngf_blues.html

This is called the NGF bible and it details some of the scams that this guy has been involved in.  I hate to start this stuff here, but I don't want to see anyone get taken by this scam artist.

I think the only thing I really learned from this (and from reading the forum responses to it) is that I'm VERY GLAD I don't own a Neo Geo and that I'm not part of that scene. I stumbled across this same board once before during a debate about a "very very rare" Neo Geo game and it ended up being 10+ pages of people accusing each other of being liars and calling each other names. Even when it comes to Video Life and River Patrol, you never see that happening here - and I'm GLAD.

Hardcore Neo Geo peeps can be assholes. They look down on anything that isn't Neo. I understand some games are $3000.00, but no reason to feel you are the shit if you have it. I had a Neo right after they came out in Japan around 10 yrs ago. I got it for $400 with 2 games and 2 controllers. The guy I got it from paid $2400 for all of that. He got bored with it in a few weeks and sold it to me. Everyone thought I ruled because I had it and I told everyone I liked the TG better. I guess it's like having BMW or something. Don't get me wrong, I like the system but other than Metal Slugs and a few others, it's fighting games and that gets old fast. Then you get an ass like Dion who has basically gotten rich off of rich boys by screwing them and it makes you wonder if they have more $$ than brains........

Hardcore Neo Geo peeps can be assholes. They look down on anything that isn't Neo.

Surprisingly enough they remind me of anybody who goes console "l33t." The X-Box rules PS2 drulz crowd is no different to me.

Don't get me wrong, I like the system but other than Metal Slugs and a few others, it's fighting games and that gets old fast.

If I ever owned one at all, it would probably just be a cab system lifted right out of an arcade with three or four good games in it: KOF, Bust-a-Move 2, Metal Slug and.. I don't know, something else at random. At least that way if I spent a bunch of money for it I'd have the satisfaction of a stand-up system with sticks and a coin slot that looked cool instead of a bulky, overpriced home system that plays the exact same games in slightly different cases.

Then you get an ass like Dion who has basically gotten rich off of rich boys by screwing them and it makes you wonder if they have more $$ than brains........

True indeed, and it's definitely not a system for the budget minded. Even lottery winners need to think twice before investing in THIS console. If I never own one I doubt I'll regret it.

• 5 weeks later...

I just thought I would bump this thread up again since I noticed this auction by disco Dion.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3002206519

Looking at that auction would you have known there wasn't a power cord included with the system?

Nice of him to say straight out it wasn't included and even nicer of him to leave retaliatory feedback on the buyer.

Oh and Starscream...You know you just wanna be "1337" like us.   :P  

Because us Neo peeps are the 13373s7  LOL

Did you hear any more on that 4 slot? Got my Hyper board on its way woohoo.

Gotta pick up that 2 slot board Monday and will find out about the 4 slot cab in NYC Monday night. May end up getting the Candy Cab too.