IGNORED

Why is the box for Title Match Pro Wrestling so hard to find?

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

Because it's a cardboard box.

From the 80's.

For an atari 7800 game.

Which stunk.

Very true however I have seen a lot of CIB copies of other titles by Absolute, the Title Match is quite a bit harder to find than any other 7800 box - IMO.

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I found mine in a laundry mat down in missouri! I would go and do my laundry once a week at this local laundry mat and the same lady was always working at the cash register...never talked to her til one day she talked to me..>?

I would always bring some coin to pump it into the only arcade they had there...super off road!

Then one day this lady says to me, "My children used to love games when they lived at home".....

I was really thinking to myself...what N64? Turns out it was Atari 2600 and 7800 games....next week we met again and she had a box filled with all these old atari carts and a sears system with the turn stick nob joysticks and there was TMPW and Tomcat for the 7800 boxed.......not mint, but not bad for a free add to my collection.....

Moral here....you never know who has old atari stuff still unless you ask. This may have been over 10 years ago, but if you ask you....you shall find it!

Edited by Chris Leach
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I actually aquired a sealed one in a massive collection I picked up a while back (with quite a few other sealed 7800 titles from activision/absolute). At the time I had no idea it was so hard to get! I also got a loose one so I luckily never opened it... Tank Command continues to be my nemesis to finishing the 7800 boxed set.

I just scored a CIB one for $50 shipped, not too bad. It went for far less than I expected. It's in the mail now, can't wait to get it!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2807827622901?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280782762290&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]:cool:

I was runner-up on that one. To be honest, I didn't expect to be close to the final bid. Didn't really need it but couldn't let it go for $20, either. ;)

Yeah, it went pretty cheap IMO but it seems like a buyer's market right now. I really didn't expect to win with the snipe I put on it, thought it would go for over $100.

This was the most I've paid for a single game in my 7800 collection but then again, I still need Tank Command.

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I just scored a CIB one for $50 shipped, not too bad. It went for far less than I expected. It's in the mail now, can't wait to get it!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2807827622901?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280782762290&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]:cool:

I was runner-up on that one. To be honest, I didn't expect to be close to the final bid. Didn't really need it but couldn't let it go for $20, either. ;)

Hey I was the $20 bid.

Title Match is the only 7800 title I do not have shrink-wrapped. I remember that I had a b***h of a time finding a boxed complete copy at all - I wound up with 2 copies about 10 years ago.

I've been effectively out the scene for the last 5-6 years and am only not just getting back into it. Really interesting to see how things have changed (Homebrews, rarity and pricing and so on..)

At one time I had 4 complete shrinkwrapped sets of all Atari -corp 7800 releases (all NTSC + Sentinel) and 2 sets of the 7800 3rd party games ( all shrinked, except for title match + incl Harry's Monitor cart) - sold 3 of the sets off, kept the the final one (plus a 2nd, loose play copy of each game I had).

Glad to see the scene alive and thriving - time to pick up some new 7800 titles, and maybe get back into homebrew dev.

• 1 month later...