IGNORED

Dreamcast Lightguns....

Ok, yet another peripheral question,

I've been looking to nab a Light Gun for the DCast. They seem to be going for $20 to $30USD on eBay. Why the heck are they so expensive? Did they not make too many, or did the one guy who sells them regularly for $24.95 corner the market?

But more importantly, if I am going to drop a seemingly (to me for a limited use peripheral) large wad of cash on one, what is the best one to go with? I've seen at least 3 different makes.

Also, does anyone have a complete list of Light gun compatible games for the DCast?

As always,

Markimus of K.

If you are in Ontario.. I would suggest you check Electronic's Boutique before buying on eBay. I've seen (not lately though) light gun/ HOD2 combos for around $29.99CDN.

I don't think there is a Sega brand gun for the North American market. I bought the import (Japan) HOD 2 set with the Sega gun and I seem to recall that the Sega gun is actually "blocked" by the North American hardware...

Jason

There aren't a ton of light gun games for the Dreamcast, but they are good ones.

Virtua Cop 2 (On Smash Pack)

House of the Dead 2

Death Crimson OX

If there are any more, I'd like to know so I can run out and buy them. Heh.

Keep this in mind, though: 2 player light gun action on the Dreamcast leaves a bit to be desired. The games seem to have a little trouble handling rapid fire from both people. They work just fine with one person, though.

Ok #1 There are more than 3 light gun games, don't ask for list I can't recall but I know conspiracy mission was one, i have liek 6 gun games so I know there are more

#2 the light gun I like the best is a big white plastic thing that likes like an old fastion revolver, it has auto-reload, and auto fire and works with all games.

#3 I believe pelican put out a light gun that looked kinda like a Star Trek phaser and it wasn't the offical Dc gun but it was the authorized Dc gun and it is a POS.

Hope this helped and I'll post ltr with the names of the gun titles :wink:

There aren't a ton of light gun games for the Dreamcast, but they are good ones.  

Virtua Cop 2 (On Smash Pack)  

House of the Dead 2  

Death Crimson OX  

If there are any more, I'd like to know so I can run out and buy them. Heh.

I got the Virtua Cop 2 import from Japan. It is different than the version on the Smash Pak as it is a port of the Arcade directly to the DC. I can't comment much more than that about it, as I have not really took the time to play it much.

-Lee

I just got the MadCatz gun at Funcoland for US$12.99 usedand House of the Dead II for $8.99. This weekend I'm picking up Death Crimson and the Sega Smash Pack. I love lightgun games. The Madcatz gun is pretty good. HOTDII is super hard without auto reload.

Just after Xmas I got a gun, Lethal Enforcers I &II and Mad Dog McCree for the Sega CD. I want to find the pink 2nd player gun now.

I didn't know Confidential Mission used it.  I'll have to look for that too :D

You're kidding right. It's a gun game. on the back of the case it has a little

picture of a lightgun and says lightgun compatable. It has to be the best

gun game on D.C I know of. If you have been using a control pad, quickly

buy a gun. You won't regret it (even if you pay a premium price)