IGNORED

Cybernoid WIP

snicklin

need to check Prior 0 stuff... possible to post the G2F file?

:twisted:

Don't you believe in me?

Doing that in a P.C. gfxs. program would waste more time than using G2F.

Take a '.xex' and you can see: cybernoid2_Master screen centered.xex

(It seems that you are like in the bible where St. Thomas had to see to believe ;-) )

:grin:

Looks lovely Jose..

Most of us just wanted to see it on the real hardware as any issues will be instantly seen..

And please, no religion in Atari's :)

Religion always leads to clashes, lets keep this a clash free zone :) (unless you like The Band called The Clash :) )

that looks good, Jose.

Indeed, best conversion I've seen for CYB (and I tried many times myself :-). This PRIO 0 thing seems to have amazing potential for underlays.

Thanks.

Indeed, some small update (colouring, mostly on the Status Area) and I put some Enemys on screen for you to see how it could look:

post-6517-0-14405700-1322199566_thumb.png

;-)

That looks lovely jose but how will it move, are we going to get Crownland sprite multiplexing type errors because of this special routine for the lovely colour?

Either way, lovely mock up..Looks ace

Anyway for it to be seen on an emulator (I presume that pic is from the PC graphics program?)

Note I said type errors, I have no real idea as to why the sprites flicker in crownland full.

Why Crownland sprites Flicker:

Because they are just PMs.

On A8 you have 4PMs. and each one it's mono/one colour only.

If you join two this way: PM0&PM1 and PM2&PM3 you get two 3colours sprites (their overlap pixels colour it's the third colour and get it by OR)

You can only have those two Multicoloured by Line, now see that the flicker only happens in the scanlines where you have more than two of those sprites...

Also, it uses a clever way of Multiplexing PMs:

Our guy it's, for example PM0&PM1 and you have other lines two Enemys (one PM0&PM1 and the other PM2&PM3).

When you enter on those scanlines it will be a conflict/flicker between our guy and the Enemy using the same PMs (PM0&PM1).

Kill the PM2&PM3 Enemy and you don't have flicker anymore... why?

Because if the same PMs nº as you left the same line then your guy change it's PMs. nº to the ones that are free (here, you're guy moves to PM2&PM3, the ones that were from the Enemy killed).

I don't know how to use most of that P.C. programs, all I post it's G2F and Emulator pictures (indeed almost all the times are Emulator pictures because of the Laoo Pallete best looking and because G2F doesn't show/handle borders in a good/like in reality).

All ships moving are soft sprites only and just those two 'circle moving' Weapons add-ons are PMed.

All the other PMs are used on screen as underlays, with PM2&PM3 expanded quadruple width to give those Pale Greenwishes, Greens and Browns gfxs.

There aren't any flicker.

Edited by José Pereira

that looks good, Jose.

Indeed, best conversion I've seen for CYB (and I tried many times myself :-). This PRIO 0 thing seems to have amazing potential for underlays.

Thanks.

Indeed, some small update (colouring, mostly on the Status Area) and I put some Enemys on screen for you to see how it could look:

;-)

Awesome screen! Can it scroll though?

that looks good, Jose.

Thanks.

;-)

Awesome screen! Can it scroll though?

It could scroll but Cybernoid isn't a scrolling game.

It could scroll but the underlays wouldn't be usefull in some gfxs.

;-)

That you know how to use pm underlays

He's doing the "Underlays" having a coloured border and use the shapes with PRIOR 0 colours. Nothing special for a still image with a huge black part in it.

Possibly working in that particular game, because the moving objects were not that big and the count of them is rather low.

Good work by José, but I wonder about those statements as your's. Doing coding the A8 for decades, without the imagination of what's possible. It's a cross example, WHY stuff doesn't get finished..... or even started.

He's doing the "Underlays" having a coloured border and use the shapes with PRIOR 0 colours. Nothing special for a still image with a huge black part in it.

Possibly working in that particular game, because the moving objects were not that big and the count of them is rather low.

Good work by José, but I wonder about those statements as your's. Doing coding the A8 for decades, without the imagination of what's possible. It's a cross example, WHY stuff doesn't get finished..... or even started.

Good morning Emkay.

Cybernoid with lots of sprites on screen, many chars/explosions,... it's possible this way?

And others not?

Hmmmm...

Interesting...

Good morning Emkay.

Cybernoid with lots of sprites on screen, many chars/explosions,... it's possible this way?

And others not?

Hmmmm...

Interesting...

You really have to learn a lot, as it seems ;)

It's depending on the amount of objects and how they move.

If you have a game with "real" 30 moving objects at "free" movement and a scrolling screen , you have to calculate more, thus the CPU gets more involved.

If you have a game with a fixed screen, some objects moving on a fixed line, you can put more CPU into the "presentation".

If you have a game with real calculations, you need the most available CPU power you can get.

In Yoomp it is the double line screen a 32 bytes, which leaves real 1.65MHz for the game available (on a PAL machine).

Got it?

aehm... Yoomp definitely needs approx 80%-90% of CPU time for "simple" brute force the rendering... so not much left for music, game play, sprite handling etc... my 2 cents.

Not sure of the full CPU usage, ERU could give a better statement there.

But, turning Yoomp! into Antic F, would turn the speed of the game down to approx. 30% .

Antic F would slow down, sure... as double amount of data to render... but that's a fact (see 48k version of Mercenary vs 64k version). But Gr. 7 does not mean that you automatically get more CPU power...

?

Ofcourse it does. It's just not used in games like Mercenary. Everything got haltet with the VB there.

• 1 month later...