IGNORED

Auctions for ColecoVision homebrew games not showing up under eBay search?

Pixelboy

I just did a casual search on eBay for the Team Pixelboy games I put on BIN auction last Saturday. If I go to eBay.com and do a search with "Pitfall Arcade" as criteria, my auction for Pitfall II Arcade doesn't show! Same thing for Girl's Garden. Can anyone else can confirm this problem?

EDIT: Heck, I just do a search with simply "Gulkave" as search criteria, and it doesn't show up on eBay.com. It does however show up under eBay.ca... WTF???

EDIT #2: Heck, even my totally legit auctions for TV shows on DVD are only showing up on eBay.ca (not eBay.com) even though I specified US shipping options. Now this is what I call a deal-breaker! :mad:

Edited by Pixelboy

I get the same results (or lack thereof) as you.

When at ebay.com, if I click "North America" or "Worldwide", it does show up, but disappears again after clicking "clear".

I see... So a person must use the advanced search options to expand the search, because "from preferred locations" is set to "on eBay.com" by default (which excludes most anything outside US borders) under the default search?

So as a user who is registered on eBay.ca, if I want to expand the visibility of my auctions to US residents, I have to find someone within the US who's willing to sell my stuff for me? That must be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. :|

All of the stuff from China, etc. still shows up by default at .com, so maybe there's a way to modify your account?

Perhaps, but that only works if I am logged into eBay.com with my own username. AFAIK, there's no way to set such things for anonymous users who casually drop by.

On the other hand, I was told moments ago of http://global.ebay.com , which is pretty nice. :)

When listing stuff here in the UK, you have the option to pay 5p or so to have the listings also appear naturally in the .COM and further regions. I guess that means they will show up regardless of search parameters, and not just the person using the advanced search facility.

Pixelboy... the listing rules for the US have changed, which is the problem (I only realized this recently). For items listed in the US to show up, they must (even from Canada) follow the ridiculously low minimum shipping rates (much higher than Canada post shipping is, of course) and have the official product listing information. However, you can get around this by not listing in the Video Games / Games category... if you list yours in e.g. Vintage Computing / Other, these rules don't apply, and your listing will show up on ebay.com again without problem.

Pixelboy... the listing rules for the US have changed, which is the problem (I only realized this recently). For items listed in the US to show up, they must (even from Canada) follow the ridiculously low minimum shipping rates (much higher than Canada post shipping is, of course) and have the official product listing information. However, you can get around this by not listing in the Video Games / Games category... if you list yours in e.g. Vintage Computing / Other, these rules don't apply, and your listing will show up on ebay.com again without problem.

Ah! Alright, I'll keep that advice in mind. Thanks! :)