IGNORED

Big Odyssey 2 lot in the mail

boxpressed

I was the only bidder on this big Odyssey 2 lot: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2608952161171?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260895216117&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

When it comes to O2 collecting, the Godfather III comes to mind, "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in." I'd just sold a couple of boxed consoles that were taking up too much space. But this one was too good not to throw in a low bid and see if I got lucky. I didn't think that the minimum would take it, which may say how unpopular the O2 is. The O2 is the platform that I play the least but own the most.

If you look at the last photo, you'll see the reason why this turned from a good deal to a great one: Power Lords (loose). I already have this in the box (still looking to buy the manual), so I'll end up selling this one. But the one I'm excited to keep is Amok! by John Dondzila -- it's my first homebrew (for any system) in its original packaging. Also, some other boxed games I needed: Timelord, Killer Bees, Acrobats, a couple of the Voice-only games that I want but probably will never play. Plus, the boxed unit looks like it's in great shape with all of the paperwork, and the other console comes with the Voice module.

I'll need to build a new wing to hold all of my boxed O2 games.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I figured everything was safe since this was in the mails, but I guess nothing could work by the time I get it, and Power Lords could be missing the PCB! I've bought from this seller before, and he seems like an honest guy -- I gave him specific packing instructions, and he was cool with that.

Another awesome buy!

I am very torn with the O2, its a system that I see no reason to not collect for but I have so many other systems in line ahead of it

I just hope that in 5 years systems like the O2 dont skyrocket in price when if I would have bought one now I could getit for a decent cost

Thats what scares me about all of the systems I want, so I am thankful that I already own the main systems that when I started to collect I bought

Right now the Emerson Arcadia has been on my mind and for some reason I want that system next

Another awesome buy!

I am very torn with the O2, its a system that I see no reason to not collect for but I have so many other systems in line ahead of it

I just hope that in 5 years systems like the O2 dont skyrocket in price when if I would have bought one now I could getit for a decent cost

Thats what scares me about all of the systems I want, so I am thankful that I already own the main systems that when I started to collect I bought

Right now the Emerson Arcadia has been on my mind and for some reason I want that system next

Same... that's why im trying to grab up all the systems to complete my hardware collection as fast as possible and just buy games for them at my own pace...

I think O2 will remain common for the years to come just because of demand. However, it does seem to me that you find it in the box A LOT more often than the 2600. Don't really know why that is.

With common consoles like this one, condition and model will be everything, so I don't mind paying for top-notch boxes and such. I just sold an O2 in great condition in the Marketplace but would have kept it if it were the original release (with the detachable controllers).