IGNORED

Grrrr

Inky

AS far as the $14 for Missle Command...

That was my own stupid mistake..

When the other moron out bid me, I set a new high bid to $20 thinking that he couldn't have bid more than 4$. Well, that came back to bite me in the ass big time. :(

Live and learn.

And I didn't protect my auction for Qix (which I really wanted) and lost that at $1.50

Put in a bid of $500 and it shows you what you're current bid is ;)

Basically showing what there Max bid is :D You then go back without

placing you're bid and put in a realistic bid or leave it alone (or jack up the

price on the prick ;) )

[edit] Must have been a Glich because it hasn't worked since :(

Huh? Did someone call me? Yeah...we all get upset when we get sniped, but think of how happy you are when you come along that 9 rarity you've been searching for and for some reason it is only at $5 with 30 seconds to go. Just enough time and you win it easily...thus making someone else upset.

Whenever I do bid, I generally go as high as I'd think of going. If someone outbids me, they'll way over pay instead of just over pay. :)

Cap

OMG! I love snipers! look at my auction that just ended, it got like 40 snipe bids at the end :) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=ADME:B:LC:US:1

Naaaa, you didn't get snipers, you got a newbie bidding war instead. Pretty much same effect, but those newbies are messy. Snipers take ONE shot and make it count. This guy used a machine gun and still couldn't hit the target! :D

An effective snipe usually happens with only SECONDS to go, I should know, I've placed a few in my time! 8)

Sniping an auction is the only way to go. 90% of the bids on eBay come within the last 5 minutes of an auction. I list most of my auctions for 3-days because there is no action on it except within the first couple hours, or the last 5 minutes! Unless I want something to really get noticed for a few days extra, I'll list it for 5 days!

When I snipe, I have 2 windows open... the first window has the auction in view where I can easily hit refresh every 10-15 seconds for the last 3-4 minutes of the auction to see if anyone is bidding/viewing the item (check the counter as well). The second window has my max bid in place with my password typed in waiting to hit 'Confirm Bid' in the last 20 seconds of the auction. It's the only way to not drive up the price too early, and possibly get the best deal!

I'm also always looking for some great 'Buy it Now' prices... they're never spectacular deals, but if it's less than retail or equal/less than what my max bid would be, I just do BIN and not worry about snipers! Sniping is a way of life on eBay. I'm not too concerned about ethics on the issue because it's an OPEN AUCTION that ends when it ends. I hated sites like uBid and a few others that would let the auction run past the end time because someone put in a bid within the last minutes of the auction, giving it time to possibly get more bids and drive the price up! If it says the auction ends at 2:30, it better end at 2:30... not 2:32!

Naaaa, you didn't get snipers, you got a newbie bidding war instead.  Pretty much same effect, but those newbies are messy.  Snipers take ONE shot and make it count.  This guy used a machine gun and still couldn't hit the target!  :D    

:D As long as you aren't bidding on an auction newbies are FUN to watch!

I just think that purposely driving up a price to screw someone who really wants the thing but doesn't have tons of $$$ like myself is just plain tacky. Perhaps they should implement reduced bidding in the last 30 minutes of an auction.