IGNORED

Game cases

pacpix

i was wondering if any of you have used these:

http://www.mediashelving.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=W&Product_Code=USCG&Category_Code=VHS

If so I have a few questions:

1. Will these work for storing atari 2600 games
  2. I plan on getting an odyssey 2 in the near future. Does it work for them?
  3. Any good sites to get cover artwork?
  4. How durable are they?

I wonder if the company selling the cases really understands them? They support SNES, N64 Genesis and Electronic Arts formats. I had no idea that Electronic Arts was a format. Did the person writing the description just look at the games in the picture and make something up?

I think they mean it will fit EA games for the Genesis (they are longer than regular genesis carts)

• Like 2

Interesting find Pac. I have a bunch of loose N64 carts and this looks as if it would fit the bill pretty nicely. Just judging from the picture it seems pretty nice that it appears as though they have different cut-outs in the case to hold different sized cartridge shells. But yea, I'd share your concern whether or not specific formats would fit.

I'll chime back in if I bite on these. Wouldn't be able to speak for O2 shells, but could on 2600/7800 cartridges.

• Like 1

I received a reply from mediashelving.com:

"To be perfectly honest I am not familiar with these type of game cartridges so I can't be sure. You may have more luck asking people on some of the gamer sites whom have purchased this product. Try: http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums"

Even though they didn't know the answer, the turnaround time was quick, and I have to place that response into the upper echelon of friendly/useful responses that I've received from various customer service departments. I definitely think that I will be getting these, though most likely after the holidays.

• Like 2

These cases are alright...the biggest problem with them is that they don't fit certain games well. We use them for Deluxe EverDrives and must use rubber bumpers and felt pads to hold Genesis and Master System carts in well. They do hold SNES/SFC games well and N64 games pretty well. However we use rubber bumpers on all carts to help hold them in place.

These cases can break pretty easy as well. All it takes is a drop on the ground and 75% of the time they will break pieces off the corners.

Attached is pic of what we do to hold EverDrive64 carts in so they don't move around when closed.

post-22510-0-27128900-1322612793_thumb.jpg

@StoneAgeGamer....where do you get those little dot rubber bumbers?

These are ones I use:

http://www.amazon.com/Rubber-Bumper-Protect-Cushion-Surfaces/dp/B000JLD7LO/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1322685261&sr=8-2-fkmr0

You can also buy them at any hardware store, but will be more expensive and may not be as small as these.

• Like 1

These are ones I use:

http://www.amazon.co...61&sr=8-2-fkmr0

You can also buy them at any hardware store, but will be more expensive and may not be as small as these.

Thanks to you and RK! Yea, I've seen stuff like that at Lowes for example and have purchased similar items, but I didn't remember ever seeing them quite so small.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to pull the trigger on purchasing these, but I don't think I can justify getting 100 of them. I don't mind sitting on a bunch for a while, but fact of the matter is that I really only need maybe 15 right now.

If anyone feels like going halfsies on this give me a shout. I can have them shipped to me and then re-ship your half.

• 8 months later...

I was going to pull the trigger on purchasing these, but I don't think I can justify getting 100 of them. I don't mind sitting on a bunch for a while, but fact of the matter is that I really only need maybe 15 right now.

If anyone feels like going halfsies on this give me a shout. I can have them shipped to me and then re-ship your half.

Bump. I was just thinking about this since yesterday I purchased a mint, loose, Paper Mario Game Pak. I'm going to need more than 15 though :) but still don't need anywhere near 100.

Bump. I was just thinking about this since yesterday I purchased a mint, loose, Paper Mario Game Pak. I'm going to need more than 15 though :) but still don't need anywhere near 100.

I can vouch for the Atari fitting. All I do is remove two tiny tabs, and they work well for me - I get my covers over at TheCoverProject.net, or just make my own (case in point: GI Joe Cobra Strike).

If you decide not to purchase a case of them, I'd be happy to sell you pre-modded UGCs with covers at a bulk rate.

Be aware - shipping on those cases is somewhere in the $20 range, depending on where you are.

If I can be of any help whatsoever, let me know.

• Like 1

I got mine from eBay in smaller lots. Usually 10 for $20. Search there first.

• 2 months later...

So, a couple weeks ago I went ahead and purchased those Universal Game Cases. I couldn't bring myself to pay the markup on Ebay, so I purchased the 100 from MediaShelving.com. Of course I now have something like 80 cases sitting in my basement, but at least they'll always be there as I need them! :)

Anyway, I couldn't be happier with the results. TheCoverProject.net is just a wonderful resource, and I was able to use that for all of the covers that I needed. I'm really a CIB kind of guy, but more than anything else because I simply hate to have loose carts laying around. I have to admit that with these cases and TheCoverProject.net, I'm going to be much more open to picking up loose cards as I see them in the future.

post-6103-0-74642600-1353465652_thumb.jpg

post-6103-0-37353800-1353465656_thumb.jpg

post-6103-0-40267400-1353465659_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...