IGNORED

Wanted: Scan of Jungle King Marquee

Albert

Is this for the upcoming hack?

Yes. :)

Couldn't you just use that banner?

It's too low resolution, not enough detail. We want to recreate the art, but want to do so accurately. I haven't been able to find a single good (reasonably high-resolution) image of either the cabinet or the marquee anywhere on the net. :(

..Al

Does anyone have a Jungle King marquee that they could scan in for me?  I have scoured the net looking for a high resolution marquee and I simply cannot find one.  We'd like to get the scan at 600dpi, but even a scan at a lower resolution would be better than nothing.  

Thanks in advance!!

..Al

Well, I put a couple of calls in to my semi-local arcade dealers, and I'll see if that turns up anything. It's entirely possible that we could create it from scratch, too... what about that guy who remade the Activision labels?

I assume you've posted on RGVAC and the like?

I'm thinking of trying printing out that one on KLOV and then enlarging it, but I doubt that will look much better. You only need it to be about 3" wide, right?

Well, I put a couple of calls in to my semi-local arcade dealers, and I'll see if that turns up anything. It's entirely possible that we could create it from scratch, too... what about that guy who remade the Activision labels?

That's Dale Crum, and he is actually the one doing the label, but he'd like some high-resolution art to work from. If you manage to find anything that would be awesome. :)

I assume you've posted on RGVAC and the like?

Hmmm, no I haven't. Good idea, though. :)

I'm thinking of trying printing out that one on KLOV and then enlarging it, but I doubt that will look much better. You only need it to be about 3" wide, right?

Yes, but they are printed at 1200dpi, so the graphic at KLOV simply won't cut it as there isn't enough detail and we'd like it to be as authentic as possible.

Thanks,

..Al

Well, I too searched albeit briefly to no avail. Some things to search for are arcade dealerships and parts companies, as they might have a spare one they're trying to sell if they won't just scan it for you.

Neither one of the people I talked to thought they had one, but one guy I know has literally stacks of marquees in his barn, and he said he'd take a look on the next above-zero-degree day.

I will let you know if one should turn up. I'll spend some time looking too. I'm sure someone on VAPS must have one.