IGNORED

Did all 1040STe have RF modulator?

wood_jl

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2006877698551?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200687769855&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Description says no RF modulator, and must have authentic Atari monitor (or multisync, as if you'll ever find one).

I guess I'm still learning here.

But I thought the 1040STf was the only one in this boat, or perhaps the earliest 520ST before 520STm came out.

Is this for real?

French STE's didn't have a modulator. Maybe some early american ones didn't either... A photo of the side with the EJP's could help. If it's an ste it should be an old model with maybe the bad DMA chip and perhaps SIPPs instead of SIMMS which would make upgrading to 4mb's a pain.

Edited by Christos

Ahhh so that must be why my Mega STE does not have the RF socket on the rear of the case! My Mega STE is French too.

In France, the SCART connector is widespread, so most console or early computers used it as it provides a good image quality and a "plug and play" without tuning the channel.

Guillaume.