IGNORED

original Gameboy problems...

bomberpunk

i recently acquired three of these. two of them had several missing columns on the screen and one would not come on at all. after watching a video on youtube, i was able to pop open the two working gameboys and try to fix them. one came out perfect while the other still has one stubborn column smack in the middle of the screen that will not come back. i gave up on that one and starting messing with the third one that wouldn't come on.

after cleaning some corrosion off the battery terminals and some corrosion that leaked onto parts of the main board, it started to power up! however, every time i turn it on i get a different "epileptic light show" regardless if a game is inserted or not. any tips on what to do with this one? thanks.

I've got an update. The problematic system now plays games, but only the bottom half the screen works. The top half is dead. No columns on the bottom half are missing. Sometimes the screen will flicker dimmer or darker. I've been running the Battetoads title w theme song for like 15 minutes now and I'm still not sick of it!