IGNORED

Spotted another tape recorder model

JohnBuell

Does anyone know anything about these? Looks like they were made by "Datamark" in Atari and C64 versions

Atari:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Datasette-Datenrecorder-Kassettenlaufwerk-ATARI-Computer-XE-800-600XL-NEU-/250951553193?pt=Klassische_Computer&hash=item3a6de0d0a9

Commodore:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Commodore-C-64-Datasetten-Nachbau-Datacorder-/270872088742?pt=Klassische_Computer&hash=item3f113c10a6

Yes they're both on eBay Germany. If the person selling the Atari model accepted PayPal and shipped to the USA I'd be all over it. But the look of the Atari one makes me think - repackaged 1010?

The top one (the squared-off one), in Commodore form, is the unit I had with my Vic-20, then C64 back in the day. I still have it to this day, and it still works fine. When I got it, the door was a little warped up in one corner (and still is), but it never seemed to affect usability. BITD, it was cheaper than the Commodore-branded unit, which is why I got it instead.

It's just a Phonemark model isn't it? I had one of these back in 1986 after snapping too many of my 1010's buttons (including replacing Play with Pause/Advance,etc.)

Think mine came from Compumart in Leicester.

By the way, at the bottom of that eBay description the seller does say he's happy to post outside of Germany.

It's just a Phonemark model isn't it? I had one of these back in 1986 after snapping too many of my 1010's buttons (including replacing Play with Pause/Advance,etc.)

By the way, at the bottom of that eBay description the seller does say he's happy to post outside of Germany.

The problem is that ebay.de will most likely not accept bids from bidders without a German address. I know that ebay.com won't accept my bids on items that are listed as shipping only to the US.

The problem is that ebay.de will most likely not accept bids from bidders without a German address. I know that ebay.com won't accept my bids on items that are listed as shipping only to the US.

ebay.com doesn't LIKE doing this unless the seller is taking PayPal. They have no way to help you out for an international bank transfer if something goes wrong. But it could still be done (I managed it before, a long time ago, and paid a HEFTY fee for the bank transfer - I think it was for a board game).