IGNORED

High Score Cartridge for the 2600?

MRB2011

I know that they have released a High Score cart for the 7800, but I was wondering if there was a 2600 one in the works. Would this be possible? I know NOTHING about programming. I just enjoy Atari games immensely and I think a lot of people (myself included) would pay for a 2600 High Score Cartridge or some sort of hack to enable saving high scores. Thoughts?

In the case of the 7800 the game knows the HSC is there (if its compatible) and hands control over to the HSC BIOS with a set of parameters and data. In the case of the 2600 there was no standard so the score could be anywhere in its RAM. In that case the cart would have to know what the game is to get the data to save. That's a completely different set of problems to solve.

Thanks! What about a 2600 game that is not really a game, but a program where you could manually enter scores for games, in arcade style? You could scroll through high score tables, with the game title at the top, and then 10 places for Initials and scores? Would it be possible to save 10 high scores for each game if there were, say, room for 20 different score tables for 10 different games? I realize most people just use pencil and paper, I think something cleaner and vintage would be really awesome!