IGNORED

2012 Intellivision Collection Pic Thread

Rev

I was passing by Vancouver the other day and I found Cmart's Intellivision storage vault carved into the side of a mountain. How did I not see it before? :-o

:-D Damn! Now my secret underground lair has been discovered. I must move to new facilities. Moving is gonna suck. :-D

Holy crap! My spy network says there is already a "for rent" sign hanging on the mountain... you work fast! :D

I was passing by Vancouver the other day and I found Cmart's Intellivision storage vault carved into the side of a mountain. How did I not see it before? :-o

:-D Damn! Now my secret underground lair has been discovered. I must move to new facilities. Moving is gonna suck. :-D

again i offer my "services" to help you. :D

This is what I love about the INTV Brotherhood...always willing to help out a brother in need. :-D

Mon dieu, t'as découvert l'antigravité! :D

LOL c'est bon. NY et tu parles le francais

Sorry for the quality.....one day i will take better picture.

Some great shots Max, with some cool variations in there! Rev, did you notice the Turbo? ;)

dont rub it in.......

Sorry, I literally can't help myself. :rolling:

Holy crap! My spy network says there is already a "for rent" sign hanging on the mountain... you work fast! :D

The hoard must be protected at all costs. :-D

Those are some GREAT looking collections you guys are posting!! Some serious collecting going on here.

Are a lot of your games still shrinkwrapped, Maximebeauvais? It sure looks like it in several of your photo's.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

More....

Maximebeauvais, your collection has me so excited that I cant stand up :-o

I have been collecting intellivision for more then 10 years now (started atari in 1998 and intellivision in around 2001).

It took me a lot of time to get all those game. It's not a a matter of week or month but more years.

The only game that I'm missing is Spiker. One day, one day....

Now, I try to update my collection with some variation or sealed game. So far I think that all my game are in pretty good shape (almost mint).

But hey, some people here have bigger collection....we are just waiting for picture from them !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just joined the forum - here is most of mine

Still working on a few titles but mostly complete, my ECS and keyboard are in storage

I have a sears console w/ Cuttle Cart and and a USB controller and Nostalgia to play mostly

Very nice collection.

Does that NON boxed spiker cart have the original label label? That may be a rare variant.

Does the Big League Baseball say Mattel on the fron and have a gatefold box? Or is it made by intellivision inc?

Cool cloth Intellivision cover, i used to have one!

Your Mr Basic Meets Bits and Bytes does not say mattel electronics on the side of box, Does it say Mattel on the front or rear of box?

Thanks, and welcome to AA.

Still working on a few titles but mostly complete, my ECS and keyboard are in storage

I have a sears console w/ Cuttle Cart and and a USB controller and Nostalgia to play mostly

Very nice collection.

Does that NON boxed spiker cart have the original label label? That may be a rare variant.

Does the Big League Baseball say Mattel on the fron and have a gatefold box? Or is it made by intellivision inc?

Your Mr Basic Meets Bits and Bytes does not say mattel electronics on the side of box, Does it say Mattel on the front or rear of box?

intvfunhouse shows that as a label variant

Very nice collection.

intvfunhouse shows that as a label variant

Yeah, i was too lazy to go there....until now!!!! intvfunhouse, here i come!

Welcome! Great looking collection with lots of variations!

Is that true about the NFL cart? Was it released first before Poker? I have a few boxes showing NFL on it but it then has a Poker sticker saying that that was the pack in cart. Hmmmm.

By the way, why has no one mentioned the rather cool looking Sears unit?!?! What's the story on that?

Welcome! Great looking collection with lots of variations!

Is that true about the NFL cart? Was it released first before Poker? I have a few boxes showing NFL on it but it then has a Poker sticker saying that that was the pack in cart. Hmmmm.

By the way, why has no one mentioned the rather cool looking Sears unit?!?! What's the story on that?

I had read somewhere ?? That the NFL pack-in was a California test in 1979 during the original release

And as for the Sears unit... I was tired of the blah looking white so I disassembled and shot it with my two favorite colors - Black and Silver - I'm a HUGE Oakland Raider fan. It isn't finished as I still need to switch out the keypads and discs for some from a Super Pro or System III. When it's more presentable I will post some more pics :grin:

Just joined the forum - here is most of mine Still working on a few titles but mostly complete, my ECS and keyboard are in storage I have a sears console w/ Cuttle Cart and and a USB controller and Nostalgia to play mostly
Very nice collection. Does that NON boxed spiker cart have the original label label? That may be a rare variant. Does the Big League Baseball say Mattel on the fron and have a gatefold box? Or is it made by intellivision inc? Cool cloth Intellivision cover, i used to have one! Your Mr Basic Meets Bits and Bytes does not say mattel electronics on the side of box, Does it say Mattel on the front or rear of box? Thanks, and welcome to AA.

Both Big League BB and Mr Basic are Intellivision Inc versions, the only gatefold ECS one is Melody Blaster and it is sealed

The Spiker is original and I think in original packaging, my research has led me to the thought it was very late in the run and could/should have been shipped with the post card or form to send back for the box ... I think

I think I have all of the cover options, brown vinyl, cloth and a black textured version sold at Sears

Just joined the forum - here is most of mine Still working on a few titles but mostly complete, my ECS and keyboard are in storage I have a sears console w/ Cuttle Cart and and a USB controller and Nostalgia to play mostly
Very nice collection. Does that NON boxed spiker cart have the original label label? That may be a rare variant. Does the Big League Baseball say Mattel on the fron and have a gatefold box? Or is it made by intellivision inc? Cool cloth Intellivision cover, i used to have one! Your Mr Basic Meets Bits and Bytes does not say mattel electronics on the side of box, Does it say Mattel on the front or rear of box? Thanks, and welcome to AA.

Both Big League BB and Mr Basic are Intellivision Inc versions, the only gatefold ECS one is Melody Blaster and it is sealed

The Spiker is original and I think in original packaging, my research has led me to the thought it was very late in the run and could/should have been shipped with the post card or form to send back for the box ... I think

I think I have all of the cover options, brown vinyl, cloth and a black textured version sold at Sears

You're right about the Spiker being in original packaging. Towards the end of the run apparently they ran out of boxes and turned to bagging the games to use up the remainders/save money. I have a sealed bag too, although I have a different cart label.

What kind of paint are you using?

I tried to paint a few Sears consoles a while back and i guess im not a good painter because they turned out like crap.

Im thinking of dying one to see if that works.

Hey Rev - I used Krylon Fusion, it's designed for plastic, a friend of mine turned me onto it when he was modding Xbox cases, its cheaper than model paint from a hobby store, I bought it at Wal-Mart

The key is just when you think it's clean.. clean it again ! :) The biggest problem I had was the controllers, I layed the paint on a little too thick on the bottom half and it "feels" funny

I still need some black and silver keypads from an INTV III or a Super Pro System to finish them off, but its not too bad. The next one I do will be better ! :D