IGNORED

Intellipongola: The new plan

catsfolly

Since it looks like most people are somehow able to contain their enthusiasm for a pong-like Intellivision game, I am going back to the drawing board.

The new plan is to make a new version called "Paddle Party" with a whole set of paddle games.

The games I am considering at the moment are:

1. "Intellipongola" (with better controls and ai tuning). (based on suggestions by DZ-Jay and GroovyBee).

2. "Double Ball" (Intellipongola with 2 balls ("Twice the intensity!")) (Suggested by Fushek)

3. "Air Hockey" (like hockey, but with air…). (Suggested by DZ-Jay)

4. "Handball Smash" (like handball, except you can "interact" with the other paddles…)

5. "Tennis in Space" (dodge asteroids, pick up gems, while beating your friend at Tennis…)

All these ideas are subject to change. No warranty is expressed or implied. Your milelage will vary.

By all means, do not hold your breath - even simple games * 5 will take a while…

(If any of these games turn out to be terribly difficult to do, I will probably just drop that game…)

That's the plan so far. Any thoughts?

David (aka catsfolly)

• Like 1

How about a Triple Action clone where each of the 3 games is present on the screen and controlled at the same time? The second player could control your opponents in each game as well..

"Tennis in Space" is not really as ridiculous as it might sound. On most "TV Tennis" games. the player only uses the up and down directions of the control to play tennis. So in this game, the entire tennis game is rendered in motion objects (or sprites), and can scroll left and right on a big background that contains meteors and gems. The players use the left and right directions of the control to move the entire tennis game left and right (in a two player game, they have to coordinate their actions).

It might be fun, it might be boring. We will see.

post-14916-0-40039000-1324680928.gif

David (aka catsfolly)

Tennis in space? :cool: What you need is Supernun! (a clip from the madcap UK comedy series "The Goodies")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8LwXHAe7Y8

Too bad! And I thought I had had an original idea!

Of course, back in the 60s, we had the flying nun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnhgpVb-u5s

David (aka catsfolly)