IGNORED

Favourite era and consoles

so_tough!

early 80's. My cousins got an Atari 2600 in Christmas of '81, and we played the crap out of the pack-in cartridge -- Combat. Good times. We'd pop a box of Totino's Pizza rolls into the microwave for subsistence and play for hours. Then in '84, we got a ColecoVision and a Mattel Aquarius.

They had Pizza Rolls in 1981?

I remember eating pizza rolls while watching Saturday afternoon TV movies with my dad in the late 70s.

According to Wikipedia, pizza rolls were invented in the 50s. (It doesn't say when they were first marketed, though.)

I'm going with the 32-bit era. The Nintendo 64 was the first of these three that I got and I loved all the games based on Nintendo franchises. This was the one system that started getting a lot of my friends at the time to play multiplayer games. No other system called friends together quite as much because it was the first system we had that supported 4 players right out of the box on most games.

A year later I got a Playstation and I loved the thing because it was the first time I had a CD player and it had the most engrossing 1-player games yet. Not having a Playstation until 1999 also meant that a lot of the older titles were already cheap and easy to acquire. This eventually became the system I spent the most time playing, even as newer systems came out.

I didn't get a Saturn till about 2004 but really enjoyed the few games I had because they were different. I mainly bought it for the improved Sonic 3D Blast since I loved it on Genesis and wanted to try out Sonic R, but eventually discovered good fighting games and a few RPGs that looked cool.

During that console era the Game Boy was still out and the Game Gear was dropping out of the race. I got my Game Boy Pocket in Christmas '97 so it was too soon for me to have much interest in the Game Boy Color once it came out. I think it was Nintendo Power's re-walkthrough of Zelda: Link's Awakening that really got me interested in a Game Boy because Pokemon had not come out until the next year. Once Pokemon did come out, almost everybody I knew who didn't have a Game Boy before rushed out to get a Game Boy Pocket.