IGNORED

NEW Intellivision Overlay sets - concept pic

Rev

I may be trying to make new set of Intellivision overlay sets. depends on how much is involved. Just in the concept/idea stage. I think there is enough interest to warrent new sets being made. What you guys think?

Anyway, here is the style direction i was thinking of doing. A in game screen but altered a little in retro neon style or something.

Note: this is VERY early mock up, no where near finished, so dont critisize the DPI quality.

Anyone have some other good ideas? I would like them all to match and i dont want to copy any of the Orphan Overlays.

Popeye_-_1983_-_Parker_Brothers.jpg

Having a "clear" spot for each button would work. For Popeye, it looks like you'd need 1-4 and Enter showing on the overlay. You might just be able to integrate the numbers in the overlay pic (like Utopia or Maze-a-tron). Just don"t have any "characters" in those spaces.

Having a "clear" spot for each button would work. For Popeye, it looks like you'd need 1-4 and Enter showing on the overlay. You might just be able to integrate the numbers in the overlay pic (like Utopia or Maze-a-tron). Just don"t have any "characters" in those spaces.

Yeah, i will have to go through every game and make adjustments. Alot of work!

I too like the game play idea. :thumbsup: My other thought would be that there are some talented artists on AA (as pimpmaul has recently demonstrated) and maybe it would be worthwhile having a chat with a couple of them to see what sort of interpretations they might offer up. Another question to answer would be what will the games list be? Will it be the same as the Series 3 OO's, as some of the unreleased games from that have been released and/or likely will be. Whatever you decide I will obviously support. :)

I was thinking of just the original games that did not have them. no homebrews or unreleased games. i dont see the point of having an overlay for a game you never would play. and one of those games may eventually come out as a homebrew anyway.

down the road i could make overlays of the other games and redesign them.