IGNORED

Atari Rage - Bad experience

nama

wow, welcome to the party... years late...

kjmann... KJ= Karaoke Jockey (like DJ=Disc Jockey), Mann= male person...

I guess some people didnt know, that was (is?) his 'day' job...

And yes, his full name is Salvatore Esquival...

and the piracy issue? i (still) wont make a comment on it...

I just hope Sal is feeling better...

sloopy.

• Like 1

I agree about the fact that when one gets ones money, one should take care of a satisfying delivery of goods and/or services. When Sal didn't that right, he should hurry to take care of good business. I agree on that completely.

But I still disagree for 100% when it comes to the way some people are here talking about somebody in person.

Some write about Sal, like he is the biggest criminal in the world... or like he was a cheater about his health.

Whatever he has done wrong, it does not justify the way he is nailed to the pillory here on AtariAge.

The more people are throwing mud, the more 'brave' people show up her, telling their problems with Sal.

Be a REAL brave guy and pick up the phone, and just CALL him.

• Like 1

You must have missed the prevoius discussion about Sal going MIA and letting others speak for him. He's (was) a merchant. Expect comments. Even bad ones.

Wait, let me understand this. Sal thinks people stealing Karaoke music is wrong, yet copying software for distribution isn't.

Someone should explain to him how wrong that way of thinking really is.

I develop software for a living.

Or maybe explain to him that those people copying the music are just fans and hobbyists, that want to spread the word and make some money in the process.

I’m sorry but this is ridiculous. He stops replying to people after taking their orders and their money, goes MIA, brings down website, makes music (which now makes since, it’s his full time gig) while laid up, transfers Atari business to Video61 (though this was done months ago), but has the time to convert/re-point the websites to DJ business. And then states his personal piracy statement in bold on the website.

You can’t pay for this kind of entertainment!

Edited by chrislynn5
  • Like 3

@chrislynn5

You obviously do not get my point.

First: read the start of my post above. Especially get the part where I say that I AGREE on the facts that he should take care of GOOD business, and hurry up doing GOOD business.

Let's say the rest of my post even more clear, and easier to understand:

Sal is not joining this discussion, so why talking sh*t about him? Contact him personal by phone or visit him.

It is so easy to throw mud on a forum. Too easy.

• Like 1

Hence my comment earlier. Please stick to the facts and everything will be fine. If Sal isn't following through on things then people deserve to know, but I don't want this to turn into a personal attack thread. Let's keep it civil.

• Like 1

@chrislynn5

You obviously do not get my point.

First: read the start of my post above. Especially get the part where I say that I AGREE on the facts that he should take care of GOOD business, and hurry up doing GOOD business.

Let's say the rest of my post even more clear, and easier to understand:

Sal is not joining this discussion, so why talking sh*t about him? Contact him personal by phone or visit him.

Wait, where did I "personally" attack Sal. I stated facts. I'm discussing his business practices as a vendor.

And I did understand you, you stated contact him, that's the point, the people that have posted here have stated they have repeatedly. with no response, or misinformation.

I haven't purchased from him. I can make my own Atarimax carts.

But I did comment on the fact that he copies software on the side, and DJ's (which by the way I would think that would be more physically intense, etc then selling carts online) full-time and gets mad when someone copies music. That is priceless.

He actually posted, I can't make this stuff up:

"Remember, when a KJ pirates their music it makes it hard for someone like me to get a good paying karaoke gig. These Pirate Karaoke DJ's often wander into a place where someone like me is working and offer to take my job for less money and say that they can provide more songs. Most bar owners will see the numbers and offer to hire them and then us legitimate KJ's are out of a job."

It's like going to the police to complain about the drug dealer across the street is taking your business.

Edited by chrislynn5

I just wonder what's going on with unfufilled orders. I ordered a couple of cartridges (original titles that he was selling, e.g. Tempext Extreme) in mid-October, heard about the health thing, that wasn't an issue, but it looks like he's shifting everything over to Lance, so where does that leave me?

Oh and is it just me or does it seem like a bad idea to post where you might be found on every Friday and Saturday night given the existence of threads like this? :D

Like I've said, I'm trying to be as patient with all of this as possible. I've been in these sorts of situations myself. I just want to know, some time! :)

Edited by JohnBuell

Why is he shipping to others, but not full-filling previous paid items? Again, his website stated months ago, long before he became sick, that he was selling it off and that the name changed. So you can pretty much figure out this was in the works for some time, at least enough time to plan a transition.

Maybe this order was "lost" during that transition, but I find it odd that he isn't responding to email for this order? Maybe see if PayPal will put pressure on him?

I'm really surprised that Video61, Lance, would get involved with such a controversial business. Lance always prided himself on getting the permissions, through buying out right or purchasing inventory/parts direct from Atari, on goods.

Are we really back to this "permissions" argument again...who cares.

Hmm...Not really seeing the issue about people complaining in here about Sal.

Sal was until recently a resident in here, Sal also promoted his business in here and Sal took orders via in here's members.

Sal then proceeded to mess a lot of customers around quite severely, it would be very easy for a legal person to use the attempted fraud line with the nature of some of these complaints.

Sal after leaving many customers and members in here very much high and dry then flogged the business to someone else, inbetween he claimed to be very ill yet was still composing tunes and by the look of the advert still practising his KJ job. At no point did he contact anyone via here which might have quelled some of the bad press.

All of this sounds so wrong its untrue, the anti piracy rant from the site is topping on the cake.

These forums should show what are known as bad traders up, I see no wrong with posting his failures in a forum that he once inhabited while taking orders. If Sal is doing KJ then surely its not stopped him coming on here and explaining himself to the community he took cash from.

One needs to remember the difference between friendship and business...Never blur the two...

Just because he's a friend or a friend of a friend it does not mean he's OK to everyone, especially those missing items and orders.

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 4

some say piracy is the reason Atari "folded" :-D and we are all responsible!!!

it was mild compared to the c64 community. they survived nearly as long.

If not longer, if you thought piracy was rife on the Atari then trust me the C64 was was worse as you know.

We are talking here about a very famous review mag giving copies on disk out to a phone engineer I know because he was doing work for BT on their premises and was a huge C64 fan. The game was one of the most known games on the C64 on a disc under the title 'fisheggs' (you won't guess what it was from that name) BEFORE launch..

That is 100% true...

But yes, the C64 scene was mental and neatly carried on as the Amiga scene, there was a shop called Software City just off Oxford St in Central London (it became Computer Exchange), every saturday the shop was packed with people going all over the place but they were not customers they were swappers.

The piracy scene was massive, although you had some mail swappers on the Atari the C64 is where that trend exploded, add Compunet or was it Micronet (maybe both) and contacts were easily made, it also produced some of the classic gamer musicians etc like Rob Hubbard via those services.

So yes, the Atari 'scene' was bad but insignificant compared to the C64...

Edited by Mclaneinc

I just wonder what's going on with unfufilled orders. I ordered a couple of cartridges (original titles that he was selling, e.g. Tempext Extreme) in mid-October, heard about the health thing, that wasn't an issue, but it looks like he's shifting everything over to Lance, so where does that leave me?

Oh and is it just me or does it seem like a bad idea to post where you might be found on every Friday and Saturday night given the existence of threads like this? :D

Like I've said, I'm trying to be as patient with all of this as possible. I've been in these sorts of situations myself. I just want to know, some time! :)

John maybe you should email Lance at v61 since he took over for KJ and ask your order be filled free of charge? If the "business" was transitioned to v61 then it's only right? just a thought...