IGNORED

Atari800Win PLus 4.1 beta 2

Jaskier

Just wanted to know why the updated 4.1 version no longer works on Windows95 (missing export kernel32.dll error)? Is it the core that's changed or the compiler that's being used?

I should mention atari800-2.2.1-winsdl does still work with win95. :)

Edited by slampam

Just wanted to know why the updated 4.1 version no longer works on Windows95 (missing export kernel32.dll error)? Is it the core that's changed or the compiler that's being used?

I should mention atari800-2.2.1-winsdl does still work with win95. :)

It's probably trying to call the "IsDebuggerPresent", which Win95 does not have in kernal32. Windows 98 was the first to include it...

Jay

I am using Altirra now, but from time to time I have to plug in my stuff into Atari800Win because its easier to track down problems, trace back whatever the cause was. I've been using Atari800Win Plus for years and familiar of how to use it. Altirra I have to learn things all over again.

A8WP 4.1 is compiled with Visual Studio 2005 (VC8), which no longer targets Windows 95 and has a Windows 98+ API call in its CRT (IsDebuggerPresent). If you're really desperate you can probably hex edit this to GetTickCount as I think it is only called when an invalid argument or security check failure occurs, and the worst that happens is that the CRT hook is called an extra time or two.

• 5 months later...

What codec do you use for video recording in Atari800Win PLus 4.1?

(Was searching for Telnet->A8 topics, wanted to reply, but note I have not played with many A8 emus lately)

Dunno if the emu uses DirectX, but http://www.fraps.com will capture output from any DirectX app. Excellent quality, produces uncompressed video though, so run it through a compression codec before sending to youtube or whatever.

If not what you're looking for then I apologize.