IGNORED

i got 1040ST

w1k

You can use 3.5" DD disks (I can't recommend HD disks, to me they have proven to be very unreliable in DD drives) and format them on any PC from the command line ("format a: /n:9 /t:80") - or use the Simon Owen's fdrawcmd.dll and Pera Putniks Floppy Imaging program to directly write .MSA and .ST disk images on the PC.

Other than that, Lotharek offers the HxC2001 SD FDD emulator which can replace the disk drive entirely. And zaxon AFAIK still produces the UltraSatan, a SD HDD replacement drive (for which more and more games are being patched) - a RAM expansion is recommended for these patched titles.

Thorsten

thank you, i now making diskette.. another question? i have 1040ste.. on pouet.net i must download st or ste files? but ste files is .PRG.. its OK? just rename it to .MSA and copy with FloImg1?

edit 16:41.. .PRG file works fine.. but i have no sound.

here is photo, i love atari comps:

st1040.jpg

Edited by w1k

The Atari SC1224 monitor you apparently have has sound built in - just turn the knob that doubles as the power switch a little further.

Loads of software can be found on planetemu.net (a French site), and freeware on e.g. ftp://www.umich.edu/~archive/atari/ and ftp://ftp.cs.tu-berlin.de/pub/atari/.

Check the Essential Software list at Atariforum:

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=16525

Also, if you want to replace the stock 720k floppy drive for a 1.44meg floppy,

Ralcool (Sean) is still selling his kits. Have to be able to solder a bit though.

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18847

HTHs. :)

thank you :)

tommorow i go buy diskettes :)

question: i have tos 1.2.. can i easy flash it to 1.4?

No, I'm afraid flash upgrades are not possible. You'll have to open up the Mega1 and physically swap out the TOS chips. As long as you keep the same number of TOS chips to upgrade, its really not that hard.