IGNORED

ECS extra hand controllers

DZ-Jay

Extra controllers were advertised on the back of the ECS Music Synthesizer box as being "available later in 1983" (I'm looking at my box right now), but I don't know if they were ever actually offered for sale. I think Championship Tennis was to support a four-player ECS option, but this was removed before the game was released by INTV.

Extra controllers were advertised on the back of the ECS Music Synthesizer box as being "available later in 1983" (I'm looking at my box right now), but I don't know if they were ever actually offered for sale. I think Championship Tennis was to support a four-player ECS option, but this was removed before the game was released by INTV.

Yes, I saw the exact same message in the back of my ECS box. As far as I know, the extra controllers were never released. However, I imagine that they should have been available to Intv II authorized repair centers for replacement, no?

-dZ.

Yes, I saw the exact same message in the back of my ECS box. As far as I know, the extra controllers were never released. However, I imagine that they should have been available to Intv II authorized repair centers for replacement, no?

That would make sense. Unfortunately, it seems unlikely to me that very many replacement controllers were actually made: the Intellivision II was introduced in early 1983 (I think), and Mattel Electronics was closed in January of 1984, which didn't leave a lot of time to stock up on replacement controllers. The System III hardware that INTV produced later was modeled after the original Intellivision design, which had non-removable controllers.

I picked up extra controllers from INTV catalogs from 1986-1989.

I think they were $12.95 each.

I got at least 4 controllers over that time, each order the controllers were a bit different.

That is.... The first controllers had ridged numbers on the keypads.

Then the next order had completely smooth keypads. ( and you didn't think the inty II controller could get worse! )

This tells me, they did go through the effort of having additional controllers manufactured.

The last order I placed, I was able to get sears controllers!

Also, brand new circuit matrix for inty I, and Inty III. I got 6 of each. Never got around to using them ( yet )

I hope they are still good and not brittle etc.

We need to get some new ones put together.... Group order or something like that.

I got at least 4 controllers over that time, each order the controllers were a bit different.

Then the next order had completely smooth keypads. ( and you didn't think the inty II controller could get worse! )

This tells me, they did go through the effort of having additional controllers manufactured.

Also, brand new circuit matrix for inty I, and Inty III. I got 6 of each. Never got around to using them ( yet )

We need to get some new ones put together.... Group order or something like that.

So if I make a 4-player game for the ECS, you'll be the only one who can play it? How many carts can I put you down for? :)

Yeah, I guess I could play them.... Who are the other 3 people that can play with me?

My wife doesn't play and let's face it.... How many people do you know that can compete with you on ANY intellivision game?

Okay, my brother can compete... But we don't see each other very much these days. ( wish we were young again! LOL )

I think I should get him a cc3 and an intellivision for his birthday. Then when we visit we can re-live the magic.

Like the twilight zone episode : kick the can. Watched that one last night on SyFy...

Okay, so my brother and I can play your 4 person game.... Hmmm still doesn't work does it?

Any central Mass intellivision players around?

So if I make a 4-player game for the ECS, you'll be the only one who can play it? How many carts can I put you down for? :)

Minimum order of 10 right? He will be able to keep a copy at everyones house in case he needs four player action wherever he is.

Just ordered another CC3....

We need an Intellivision Flashback!

That is.... New system with good controllers and maybe the intellivoice built in.

A cart port, maybe sd slot.

Of course ( needed for cc3 ) or a flashback system..... Orphan overlays!

How about the intellivision 3 version. ( not the super pro system )