IGNORED

Atari projects 2012

Stephen

SW:

* A 'Turbo-Basic-like' language that is extensible and fully uses _all_ available expanded memories.

(Could operate with both stock Atari and copro Atari.)

Something like the fast and powerful VCS (Visual) batariBasic would be perfect!

http://bataribasic.com/

http://www.atariage....r-batari-basic/

I wonder how big a jump it would be from the 2600 version?

That idea is certainly interesting! I think I've seen bAtari comment negatively about porting

bB to the 'big system'. I would enjoy having some similarities with bB! I definitely was going

to eliminate the need for line#'s and have 'real source code'. Since the code in bB must be

so small, I wonder if there's a 'nucleus' part/structure that can be used, with permission?

I wonder how the DPC+ is going? I would really value a good clear description of just

what DPC+ does - I have some idea but, eg; I rarely even see what DPC stands for in the vcs

threads nor how the '+' differs. (Do the authors know??? :P )

I was surprised when the polls on this site show that most ppl (other than asm) use TurboBasic;

not Action! or even C! So that's partly why I am interested in an expandible turbobasic.

Many can contribute to it! Imagine; having a 320K XE and loading up a 180K game! (or more)

Peace!

With bB you can make simple games in minutes and commercial quality games too, in particular with the new DPC+ kernel.

It supports ten sprites (one exclusive, nine multiplexed), multicolored, with single line definition and enhanced playfields

To do such things with A8 you have to be a (smart) ML programmer and you need a lot of time.

bBasic made many people with ideas start programming.

It seems incredible but it's now much easier to program the VCS than the A8.

I think batari has nothing against an A8 bBasic.

Perhaps he knows that it's not an easy task to port it.

I hope you will go on with your awesome project.

A good start point, regarding players editor, is this brand new sprites editor:

http://playsoft.co.uk/atari_index.html

Just keep in mind that for these new DPC modes, you need a Harmony cart, as it uses the cart's ARM processor. Awesome idea though.

bBasic DPC+ kernel emulates Pitfall II cart enhanced hardware.

Harmony cart is cheap, 99.9% compatible, so I think it will replace all previously released carts.

Just keep in mind that for these new DPC modes, you need a Harmony cart, as it uses the cart's ARM processor. Awesome idea though.

bBasic DPC+ kernel emulates Pitfall II cart enhanced hardware.

Harmony cart is cheap, 99.9% compatible, so I think it will replace all previously released carts.

Hope so - it is a fantastic product, I love mine. I am keeping my fingers crossed the H2 comes out for the 7800. That along with the XM should make for an awesome system.

• Like 1