IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2012 (Season 5)

Here are my times for this past week (January 23rd through 29th)...

Arcade:

Pac-Land - 92 min.

Colecovision:

Burgertime (Prototype) - 26 min.

Intellivision:

Diner - 425 min. in 8 sessions

PC:

Super Burger Bar - 145 min.

Total playing time: 688 min. (98 min. per day)

At the start of the week, I played some more Pac-Land after having looked at a walkthrough which reveals some secrets hidden in the game like extra weapons or warps you can get by pushing some objects to the left.

Then there were several variations on "Burgertime"... "Super Burger Bar" is a PC game with the same topic, but different mazes. There are 7 mazes in all and a vast array of different extras. There's a spot in each screen where almost always an extra weapon is available. This game was done in 2004 with Blitz BASIC.

The one I played most often was "Diner", the Burgertime sequel on the Intellivision. You can really get farther in the game by grouping the enemies and smashing as many of them as possible with one ball, which gives you many extra lives. The farthest I got was the 15th level.

Lastly, I played the prototype version of Colecovision Burgertime. It does have some bugs, but the mazes of the arcade are represented pretty well. Though it seemed a bit on the hard side at first, I quickly got the hang of it and managed to complete a round of all 6 screens.

• Like 1

My gaming times Friday through today:

Colecovision

Pooyan: 10 minutes

Apple ][

Montezuma's Revenge: 15 minutes

Sabotage: 10 minutes

Playstation 2

Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance 2: 90 minutes

Here's the summary for Week 4, running from January 23-29. We logged 5196 minutes of eligible play, playing 37 games on a total of 17 systems.

Top 10:

1. Berzerk (Arcade) - 1650

2. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 885

3. Diner (Intellivision) - 425

4. California Games (Atari Lynx) - 420

5. Qbillion (Game Boy) - 372

6. Berzerk (Atari 2600) - 320

7. Raiden (Atari Jaguar) - 165

8. Super Burger Bar (PC (Windows 95/98)) - 145

9. Eye of the Beholder (Atari Lynx) - 120

10. Pac-Land (Arcade) - 92

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Berzerk (Arcade) - 1650

2. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 885

3. Diner (Intellivision) - 425

4. Berzerk (Atari 2600) - 320

5. Pac-Land (Arcade) - 92

6. Ms. Pac-Man (Atari 5200) - 45

7. Frenzy (Arcade) - 30

7. Tempest (Arcade) - 30

7. Wizardry (Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord) (Apple II) - 30

10. BurgerTime (prototype) (ColecoVision) - 26

Top 10 systems:

1. Arcade (1822)

2. Atari 2600 (1225)

3. Atari Lynx (650)

4. Intellivision (425)

5. Game Boy (372)

6. Atari Jaguar (165)

7. PC (Windows 95/98) (145)

8. Turbografx-16 (75)

9. Game Gear (70)

10. Apple II (55)

Thanks to 820 minutes of gameplay carried over from last week, Berzerk is the king of the hill this week, along with the catch-all "arcade" platform. Without those 820 minutes, Kaboom and the VCS would be at #1 for the week, albeit by a small margin.

Also, I counted ACrystal2011's EOTB gameplay with last week's times. If it was meant for this week, then remove EOTB at #9, and insert Kung Food at #10 with 60 minutes.

• Like 1

Here are my times for this week (Jan. 30th through Feb. 5th):

Arcade:

Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory - 398 min. in 6 sessions

Atari 2600:

Astrowar - 18 min.

Giana Bros (Demo Release) - 7 min.

Intellivision:

Diner - 88 min. in 2 sessions

Online (Flash) (non-eligible):

African Rainmaker - 5 min.

Total playing time: 516 min. (74 min. per day)

African Rainmaker is some kind of puzzle game. Unless you register on the site, however, each game only lasts about a minute.

I managed to complete Diner this week. After 15 screens, the last of which is pretty hard, the patterns repeat in different colors and with much faster moving enemies.

After completing Diner, the Intellivision sequel of Burgertime, I started playing the Arcade sequel to Burgertime, Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory. There are some similarities to Diner in that in both games, Peter Pepper now kicks balls horizontally and must put them to some destiny locations, while again being followed by nasty enemies. Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory plays much faster than Diner, however, and the enemies generally are faster than our hero. There are 8 patterns as far as I remember, and I got through to the 8th one multiple times, but didn't manage to finish it.

Finally, I played two Atari 2600 games... Astrowar, which is essentially the same game as Sea Monster which I owned, with some minor modifications, and Giana Bros, which is still a work in progress. Giana Bros is a vertically scrolling platform game somewhat similar to "Ice Climber" on the NES with very nice animation and physics for Atari 2600 standards.

Edited by Kurt_Woloch
  • Like 1

My times for the week. All were played on an A8.

3D Tic-Tac-Toe: 10 minutes

Asteroids: 5 minutes

Basketball: 5 minutes

Caverns of Mars: 10 minutes

Donkey Kong: 15 minutes

Mario Bros.: 10 minutes

Megamania: 5 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man: 10 minutes

Pole Position: 10 minutes

Not much time to play this week. Too much time researching which tires to get for the truck and where to buy them. :(

My times for the week:

Odyssey^2:

Fatso - 8 min.

Intellivision:

Blockade Runner - 43 min.

Stonix - 20 min.

Royal Dealer - 22 min.

ColecoVision:

Looping - 12 min.

SG-1000:

Super Tank - 4 min.

Sega Master System:

Cave Dude (aka Toto World 3) - 3 min.

Choplifter - 3 min.

Puznic - 3 min.

Super Bioman I - 7 min.

Wonsiin - 2 min.

Game Boy:

Fist of the North Star - 27 min.

Qbillion - 43 min.

Game Gear:

Outrun Europa - 62 min.

Genesis:

B.O.B. - 121 min.

Granada - 288 min.

Legend of Wukong - 33 min.

Beat a few games this week, including Granada (on Mania/6 Lives), Blockade Runner, and the pathetic Game Boy fighter Fist of the North Star. Comments on all three starting here.

Otherwise I chipped away at a few titles I've been working on, clearing multiple levels in Stonix, B.O.B., and Qbillion, and making a little progress in Legend of Wukong. I made it to the last level of Outrun Europa for the first time, but the final course, Stage 5, looks to be a real challenge. It's a fun little racer, though having to hold Up in racing games is a pet peeve of mine, and tends to cramp my hand.

I also managed to beat all three ladies in Royal Dealer in a surprisingly enjoyable Crazy Eights showdown! Next up, Hearts, I suppose.

Finally, I tried out some WIPs, some new acquisitions like Looping and Choplifter, and some newly dumped games. Fatso is atari2600land's Odyssey^2 WIP in the style of Fast Food for VCS, and I hope he keeps working on it since the system could use a game like that.

• Like 1

I'm glad you mentioned that, since at first glance it looked like a quintessential line-up of VCS games! Funny how the libraries overlap.

I hadn't thought about that, but now that I look back at them, you're right. Especially with 3D Tic-Tac-Toe in there. I'd forgotten I had the cart for the A8, and decided to pull it out just for the heck of it. I'd forgotten how fun that game can be.