IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2012 (Season 5)

I finally had time to play games this weekend since I gave up searching for my lost cat who is nowhere to be found. Went door to door, put up signs, called shelters, searched brush and gutters for a body. She's nowhere to be found. I'm afraid she's been stolen for having pretty multicolored fur. I've been pretty much too depressed about it to play video games as much, but they are just now starting to cheer me up by keeping my mind off it.

Sega Genesis:

Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 [aka Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Lock-On] - 76 minutes

Playstation:

Super Bubble Pop - 117 minutes

I beat Super Bubble Pop on easy mode finally and unlocked the cat character.

The rest of the weekend I spent the majority progressing in Suikoden III for PS2, but also started a new file in Morrowind for Xbox. It sure takes a long time in Morrowind to get your character to a decent stats level for fighting monsters.

I finally had time to play games this weekend since I gave up searching for my lost cat who is nowhere to be found. Went door to door, put up signs, called shelters, searched brush and gutters for a body. She's nowhere to be found. I'm afraid she's been stolen for having pretty multicolored fur. I've been pretty much too depressed about it to play video games as much, but they are just now starting to cheer me up by keeping my mind off it.

Sega Genesis:

Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 [aka Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Lock-On] - 76 minutes

Playstation:

The rest of the weekend I spent the majority progressing in Suikoden III for PS2, but also started a new file in Morrowind for Xbox. It sure takes a long time in Morrowind to get your character to a decent stats level for fighting monsters.

I'm sorry about your cat. I hope you find her soon. How old is she?

Sega Genesis:

Playstation:

I'm sorry about your cat. I hope you find her soon. How old is she?

She's 12. I figured many cats live to be 18-20 so it seemed like she had a good 6-8 years left. She didn't show any signs of health issues.

Here's the summary for Week 5, running from January 30 - February 5. We logged 2538 minutes of eligible play, playing 37 games on a total of 14 systems.

Top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 793

2. Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory (Arcade) - 398

3. Granada (Genesis) - 288

4. Eye of the Beholder (Atari Lynx) - 150

5. B.O.B. (Genesis) - 121

6. Super Bubble Pop (PlayStation) - 117

7. Diner (Intellivision) - 88

8. Sonic 2 & Knuckles (Genesis) - 76

9. OutRun Europa (Game Gear) - 62

10. California Games (Atari Lynx) - 60

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 793

2. Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory (Arcade) - 398

3. Diner (Intellivision) - 88

4. Blockade Runner (Intellivision) - 43

5. Royal Dealer (Intellivision) - 22

6. Centipede (Atari 5200) - 20

6. Stonix (Intellivision) - 20

8. Astrowar (Atari 2600) - 18

9. Donkey Kong (Atari 8-bit) - 15

10. Looping (ColecoVision) - 12

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (818)

2. Genesis (548)

3. Arcade (398)

4. Atari Lynx (210)

5. Intellivision (173)

6. PlayStation (117)

7. Atari 8-bit (80)

8. Game Boy (70)

9. Game Gear (62)

10. Atari 5200 (20)

Diners and beholders. Europa and California and Granada. Ice cream, pop with bubbles, and something from Sonic. And of course, B.O.B. and -- at the top of the heap -- b.o.m.b.s.

TheGameCollector, I hope your cat comes back soon, safe and sound!

• Like 1

Diners and beholders. Europa and California and Granada. Ice cream, pop with bubbles, and something from Sonic. And of course, B.O.B. and -- at the top of the heap -- b.o.m.b.s.

Which reminds me of a Monty Python sketch where some conquerors reach Granada, and they've got some grenades with them...

"Granada!" - "Right away, Sir!" - KABOOM!

• Like 2

Which reminds me of a Monty Python sketch where some conquerors reach Granada, and they've got some grenades with them...

"Granada!" - "Right away, Sir!" - KABOOM!

Ha, I had a similar thought about linking Granada to Kaboom! :)

My times for Monday - Friday:

Atari 8-bit:

Beach-Head - 34 min.

Boulder Dash - 3 min.

Heartlight - 2 min.

Game Boy:

Qbillion - 61 min.

SNES:

Art of Fighting - 30 min.

Prince of Persia - 3 min.

Run Saber - 3 min.

Toys: Let The Toy Wars Begin! - 70 min.

• Like 1

Atari 2600

Kaboom!-989 minutes

High scores of the week: 320,975 391,761*

Nice, that's closing in on your all-time high, isn't it? (Was your record in the 430k range? I think you posted it at one point but I can't find the post.)

Either way, I'd call that just shy of 400k with or without a pause. I know Twin Galaxies doesn't like it when people take breaks, but as far as I'm concerned if the game openly lets you do it, it's legit. :)

• Like 1

It was another busy week, with not much time to play. I did manage to get a few minutes in with the A8, though...

Airball: 30 minutes

Thunderfox: 10 minutes

I don't like Thunderfox. Or perhaps I just don't understand it. Maybe I would like it better on a system that has two-button controllers.

Here are my times for this week:

Arcade:

Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory - 334 min. in 7 sessions

Star Castle - 4 min.

Super Burgertime - 68 min.

Atari 2600:

Room of doom - 9 min.

Atari 7800:

Scramble - 8 min.

I managed to finish all 8 patterns of Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory, after which the game starts over, but with faster enemies. After that, I went to play another Burgertime sequel, Super Burgertime, which has been mentioned in the Burgertime appreciation thread. But I don't like it that much, so there probably won't be another session of that game soon. However, it's even faster and more chaotic than Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory.

Apart from that, I checked out some other games... Room of Doom looked easier than it is due to the fact that depending on your orientation, your shots originate from a slightly different point.

Then I tried the newly programmed 7800 version of Scramble by PacManPlus. The best thing about it is the arcade-perfect graphics, which just seems to jerk a bit, but is fine otherwise, including running at the high resolution. It only flickers a bit at times. And the sound falls a bit short of the arcade version, but the RIOT simply can't reproduce the sound chips used in the arcade. But I think a bit better job could still have been done here.

Finally, I tried the arcade version of Star Castle after reading about a second 2600 version being programmed now after the author of the 1st version wants to have $32K for it. But it didn't really catch on with me, so I didn't play it for too long.

Edited by Kurt_Woloch

My times for the weekend:

Intellivision:

Bump 'n' Jump - 31 min.

Atari 8-bit:

Beach-Head - 11 min.

Sega Master System:

Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves - 3 min.

Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap - 7 min.

Beat Beach-Head on the lowest difficulty setting (#1). Fun game, not quite like anything else I've ever played. I have a feeling it'll get tough as nails on higher difficulties, though!

• Like 1

Here's the summary for Week 6, running from February 6 - 12. We logged 1815 minutes of eligible play, playing 21 games on a total of 10 systems.

Top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 989

2. Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory (Arcade) - 334

3. Gauntlet IV (Genesis) - 90

4. Toys: Let The Toy Wars Begin (SNES) - 70

5. Super Burgertime (Arcade) - 68

6. Qbillion (Game Boy) - 61

7. Beach-Head (Atari 8-bit) - 45

8. Bump 'n' Jump (Intellivision) - 31

9. Airball (Atari 8-bit) - 30

9. Art of Fighting (SNES) - 30

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 989

2. Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory (Arcade) - 334

3. Super Burgertime (Arcade) - 68

4. Beach-Head (Atari 8-bit) - 45

5. Bump 'n' Jump (Intellivision) - 31

6. Airball (Atari 8-bit) - 30

7. Miner 2049er (Atari 5200) - 15

8. Thunderfox (Atari 8-bit) - 10

9. Room of Doom (Atari 2600) - 9

10. Scramble (Atari 7800) - 8

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (998)

2. Arcade (406)

3. SNES (106)

4. Atari 8-bit (90)

4. Genesis (90)

6. Game Boy (61)

7. Intellivision (31)

8. Atari 5200 (15)

9. Sega Master System (10)

10. Atari 7800 ( 8)

Kaboom holds the top spot on all three charts, in an otherwise thin week.

• Like 1

My times for Monday - Wednesday:

Intellivision:

Bump 'n' Jump - 39 min.

Game Boy:

Qbillion - 89 min.

Genesis:

El Viento - 27 min.

Granada - 25 min.

Legend of Wukong - 30 min.

Spent some time messing about with the secret "Stage 0" in El Viento, a developers' playground that can be made accessible via this ROM hack. I made it to the end ("GOAL"), but only in emulation -- I can't imagine trying to play through it without savestates.

• Like 1

Here are my times for this past week (February 13th through 19th)...

Arcade:

Q*Bert's Qubes - 37 min.

Online (non-eligible):

Global Player - 105 min.

Global Player Reloaded - 71 min.

Philips G7000 (AKA Magnavox Odyssey^2):

Air-Sea War - 2 min.

The only "new" game in this lot is the G7000 game "Air-Sea War" which I played for 2 minutes to test the G7000 and the television set I got. I did this just before the TI-99 meeting where one attendant offered to fix my G7000 because Joystick 1 is lacking the fire button (always has been this way since I found the G7000 in the trash some days ago).

Then I replayed some games I played earlier... the online games "Global Player" and "Global Player Reloaded", and the arcade game "Q*Bert's Qubes". The times I've given for these were all just one session, in which I managed to beat the respective game (going through all 10 levels for Global Player and its successor and reaching Level 6 in Q*Bert's Qubes, which basically is my goal there). This means that I'm through with these games for now.

Total game time has been very modest this week because I've attended the TI-99 meeting on Wednesday and went out singing Karaoke on Thursday and Friday, however, without success on Thursday because the venue I visited had closed. And yesterday, I did another show on Radio-is-music-for-life.

Total gaming time: 215 min. (about 31 min. per day, which actually is about my goal for a weekly gaming time of half an hour per day)

• Like 1

Philips G7000 (AKA Magnavox Odyssey^2):

Air-Sea War - 2 min.

The only "new" game in this lot is the G7000 game "Air-Sea War" which I played for 2 minutes to test the G7000 and the television set I got. I did this just before the TI-99 meeting where one attendant offered to fix my G7000 because Joystick 1 is lacking the fire button (always has been this way since I found the G7000 in the trash some days ago).

Wow, nice to hear that a G7000/O^2 got rescued from the trash!

BTW if anyone's curious, Air-Sea War is apparently the same game as the US release "Armored Encounter!/Sub Chase!".

• Like 1

My times for Thursday - Sunday:

Intellivision:

Bump 'n' Jump - 83 min.

Carnival - 26 min.

Dig Dug - 7 min.

Frog Bog - 7 min.

PGA Golf - 35 min.

Stonix - 140 min.

Genesis:

B.O.B. - 243 min.

Legend of Wukong - 100 min.

Beat B.O.B. at last! Comments here. I also finally gained another party member in Legend of Wukong, and made it to the next gameplay area.

Meanwhile I also participated in two Intellivision HSC games, played a few two-player games with my other half, and chipped away at Stonix -- though I was unable to pass the brutal Level 40. No idea how I'll make that one happen, except with a fair bit of good luck; I may have to go back and replay previous stages to build up some extra lives.

• Like 1

Here's the summary for Week 7, running from February 13-19. We logged 2445 minutes of eligible play, playing 26 games on a total of 12 systems.

Top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 1072

2. B.O.B. (Genesis) - 243

3. Ys Book I & II (Turbografx-16) - 182

4. Stonix (Intellivision) - 140

5. Legend of Wukong (Genesis) - 130

6. Pilotwings (SNES) - 90

7. Qbillion (Game Boy) - 89

8. Bump 'n' Jump (Intellivision) - 83

9. Dragon Warrior (NES/Famicom) - 80

10. R-Type (PC Engine version) (Turbografx-16) - 45

Pre-NES top 10: