IGNORED

Wanted: Super Blockbuster for Microvision

5-11under

Hi there,

I've got a complete set of North American Microvision games. However, there is a European-only release, Super Blockbuster (#8, black), that I don't have. Note that this is "Super" Blockbuster, not the regular Blockbuster that was sold with the system.

If anyone has this cartridge available for sale, please let me know, either in this thread or by PM. I really only need the cartridge, but the box and instructions would be a bonus.

I'll offer $40 to $50 depending on completeness, plus shipping. The price seems generous to me, but I could be wrong, so feel free to reply with a counter offer if you have one available.

Thanks for looking!

I looked for one for quit some time and they are very hard to find. I think your price of $40-$50 may be a little low but maybe im wrong.

Yeah, the price might be low, but I'm open to any and all offers, including trades. This game isn't terribly rare in Europe, but it sure is rare in North America.

Sounds good, but they don't ship to North America, and they don't take PayPal. There's another one I've been eyeing from France, but my e-mails are not being replied to. I'm sure I'll get one someday... but it'd be nice to get one soon. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as it turns out, it looks like I've got a couple of these on the way... yes, I might be crazy... . ;) They're both actually "Super Casse Brique", so if anyone wants to trade one of these for a "Super Blockbuster", I'd be interested... once they both arrive, that is.

To anyone who's looking for one, they do show up on eBay fairly regularly, although sometimes, like any other video game auction, they're in a group of carts and/or have too high of a "buy it now" price attached. You also might have to go to the French or German or Italian eBay sites to find some of them, and then ask if they'll accept PayPal and ship to your location. Google translate is a wonderful thing. ;)

One cost about $50 (boxed) plus $32 shipping. It also includes 4 other games (some boxed) and a system (loose), though, so overall it wasn't too bad of a deal.

The other one cost about $36 plus $13 shipping. It's actually sealed, so I'll have a bit of a dilemma when that one arrives. ;)

Edited by 5-11under

• 3 weeks later...

How does it vary from the pack-in Blockbuster?

It's a bit easier. There's only two rows at the top, but there's also one row at the bottom. The idea is that if you miss the ball, the ball will hit some of the blocks at the bottom of the screen before going above again. Once all the bottom blocks are gone, the game is over. I haven't played either game too much, but they're both pretty fast. The "Super" game gives you more chances, which is nice. It also doesn't stop the action every time you miss, of course. In both games, I wish there were some slower speed options, and maybe wider paddle options.