IGNORED

Coleco always goes to left

bfg.gamepassion

Hi !

One of my Colecovision always goes to left ... For example, i play bomb'n blast and the piece move to left alone, even with no joystick plug in any game port. It seems that joystick port 2 goes well, only the port 1 don't work.

I've cleaned motherboard (that usually fix 99% of my problems :) ) but it don't work better ... Has someone have an idea what can i try to fix this ?

Thanks in advance.

Edit : I've found that it may be the SN74LS541N who is in cause.

So i've try this test :

Plug in and turn on the Coleco with a Donkey Kong cart inserted. When the game automatically goes into play mode, note if the Mario moves without touching the joystick. If so, then the 1st player chip is definitely damaged. If a two player game is the one automatically started (which seems to be the prevalent fail mode) automatic movement of the second player's Mario likewise indicates that the 2nd player chip is certainly damaged. Lack of automatic movement does not rule out the possibility that either or both chips are damaged; indeed, given the automatic select problem, it's likely that at least one chip is damaged. But determining that one chip is certainly damaged can minimize your work.

I've tryed Donkey kong and ... it works well ... And i've try many commercial game who works ... It's seems that on the COLECO SD MAX do the behavior !!! ANY IDEA ?!!!

Edited by bfg.gamepassion
  • Like 1