IGNORED

Atari 2600 Knockout Round 2: RAFT RIDER

JacobZu7zu7

I'll do whatever is decided by the moderator of this contest, but I'll throw my $0.02 in here:

I've never been a fan of changing the rules in mid-contest, unless it's to make things fairer across the board. Making this change just to raise the difficulty makes the effort we've put in all for naught. Sure, we get points, but I'm not playing for points. I'm playing to keep from being knocked out...so I put the time in to roll the score and make sure I'm around to play next week.

So, my vote is to keep things the way they are. It is what it is and let's just play and have fun. If I have to play again on a/a difficulty, then I will, but honestly, I don't want to have to do that.

I could not have said it better 'teach. I don't think many people had played this one before (myself included) to know that a higher difficulty would be more appropriate.

Remember guys, the rules are, it's your game choice and settings, when selecting a game.

I didn't see any suggestion, so I started it Game 1.B/B

My mistake, keep that bit, I just assumed the moderator decided the difficulty factor, otherwise I would have mentioned it. No problem.

Edited by Stan

I vote keep as is.

I read posts, and about everyone is fine with the easier setting... thanks Vocelli and those with the simple yes no vote. Keeps it quick, no changes here, without asking y'all first. Nothing wrong with asking, as a few voted against Spider Fighter/Commando... etc.

Settings will stay the same.

GAME 1 B/B

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

The problem I'm having now is, trying to collect the $ Bags, just gets me taken down,

you have to be spot on.

Yeah, you're only got about 2 scanlines to work with. Just err low: you won't die, and you'll still collect enough to be full up on rafts and gold before you hit 20K. The rod is helpful for aiming.

While on my White-Water Quest for the 100K, I found this out:

Some of the gold pieces are too close above a rock, that when you try to grab it, you crash,

Because when your ore is lined up to grab the gold, your raft crashes into the rock!

I've seen this a lot in the game, So watch out!

While on my White-Water Quest for the 100K, I found this out:

Some of the gold pieces are too close above a rock, that when you try to grab it, you crash,

Because when your ore is lined up to grab the gold, your raft crashes into the rock!

I've seen this a lot in the game, So watch out!

The gold is 2 scanlines tall, I think, so if you're lined up for the top of the gold, you'll squeek by the rocks on the bottom of your raft. Most of the gold I've found has been positioned just so behind a line of rocks, and you CAN get them, every time.