IGNORED

Lynx game boxes - bad quality

Maarten Martens

Hi,

I bought my Lynx last year. At the moment I only have got 3 games for this great piece of hardware. What struck me when I recieved them, was the quality of the carton game boxes. Is it just me, or do other people also think these are pretty horrible to collect? Compared to the nice shiny quality of jag game boxes, or sega gamegear boxes.

Maybe a stupid post, but I just wanted to check. Are there releases with better quality boxes?

Greetz,

Maarten

Hi Maarten Martens!

Thats right the quality of the carton game boxes is not the best. The latest games that Atari released: Battlezone 2000 and Super Asteroids/Missile Command has both boxes in better quality (made of white carton) But there is also variation among the old boxes. For example my Zarlor Mercenary box is a little different: Better quality and has a thin plastic cover.

And of course newer games from Songbird Productions and Telegames has CD jewel cases and no carton game boxes. And the games from Germany has their special orange plastic boxes 8)

Is it just me, or do other people also think these are pretty horrible to collect?

It wouldn't matter how bad the quality of the carton game boxes was. Don´t know any people that thinks it is horrible to collect Lynx games. Lynx collecting is a great hobby. And playing Lynx games is a wonderfull experience every time (even if it is World Class Soccer you are playing ;)) I realy hope for your own sake that you have more then 3 games for yor Lynx now? :P The Atari Lynx is one of the best things in my life. NO I am not a nerd and YES I have a girlfriend and a very rich life apart from the Lynx. But I just love this little handheld thing very much :D :D :D

No, no, don't get me wrong, I love the lynx and its games! Its a top system, I just don't like the carton boxes, and I think they won't last as long as the other mentioned boxes for other types. That's what I meant with "horrible to collect" ...

But maybe I'm exagerating ... doesn't matter

cheers,

Maarten

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd agree, the Lynx boxes are light and flimxy compared to just about anything else. Unfortunately, that means they're easily damaged, but as for collecting them, that makes a new challenge. How to store them without being crushed. And should (technically) Make them more valuable as collectors items in the long run, seeing as they're easily damaged.