IGNORED

intellivision variants: DK vs Space Armada?

vprette

I'm in the process of documenting all the variants for my collector guide... and it seems not only DK got lot of variants out there..

so far what I found, correct me if I'm wrong, is that the games with most variants are:

armor battle: 10 (really surprising me)

DK: 11

frog bog: 7 (surprising, was this game so appreciated?)

space armada: 11

venture: 7

more will come, I'm still working on it

Edited by vprette

Frog Bog is a good game. My friend who owned an Intellivision back in the day did have that game, and he enjoyed playing it. When he showed me the game, I kind of rolled my eyes. But then we played it, and I discovered it was actually a pretty danged good game (on the setting where you get full control of your frog). I consider it a gem of the Intellivision catalog.

I'm already counting 291 variants, if I consider intelligame brazil as variant.... this is crazy for all collector of variants

Tell me about it. :-D The more I dig into these, the more I find. Are you starting with the INTVfunhouse variants list and then adding others as they're found? What are you considering a variant?

For example, on the INTV funhouse list, things like where the game was produced (as reflected on the bottom of the box) are being counted, or whether it mentions 1 or 2 players or not, etc, etc. After 13 years of collecting for the INTV, and having won so many lots, it's surprising to me how many variations I still need. That's why I still like buying large lots and sorting through them, just to find cool variations I didn't previously have. I filled in a bunch of variations with this lot most recently.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2307260158791?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230726015879&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I've decided to collect the TRUE original 125 games which I'm defining as the first released version of each box, which is almost always a US released version (the Hong Kong ones followed later), often with verbage about the Keyboard Component on the front, as well as the earliest version of the manual, (ie. the 9 original games that came with full colour manuals which are awesome! :love: ). These aren't necessarily hard to find, but if you need them, it keeps the hunt going. :-D

Intellivision, the never ending quest....

I'm already counting 291 variants, if I consider intelligame brazil as variant.... this is crazy for all collector of variants

Are you starting with the INTVfunhouse variants list and then adding others as they're found? What are you considering a variant?

exactly

and I consider a variant any box with different words or different manual

I think we can go to 350+ variants

Edited by vprette

Are you starting with the INTVfunhouse variants list and then adding others as they're found? What are you considering a variant?

exactly

Yah, I'd guess maybe north of 400 at least. Original 125 + 30 or so each of Sears, Bandai and Digiplay, + 50+ Intellivision Inc, 50 or so French Canadian, 40 or so Coleco/CBS, plus a bunch of Parker Intl and french, Imagic Intl and some Activision Intl, plus tons of Mattel versions. Definitely 400+.

exactly

Yah, I'd guess maybe north of 400 at least. Original 125 + 30 or so each of Sears, Bandai and Digiplay, + 50+ Intellivision Inc, 50 or so French Canadian, 40 or so Coleco/CBS, plus a bunch of Parker Intl and french, Imagic Intl and some Activision Intl, plus tons of Mattel versions. Definitely 400+.

I will find and mention all of that :-)

exactly

So far, I've got 435 and climbing, not including homebrews. This keeps increasing as I find out about more language variations, etc. The thread about the Mexico/Spanish versions is a whole new strain I wasn't aware of!

exactly

So far, I've got 435 and climbing, not including homebrews. This keeps increasing as I find out about more language variations, etc. The thread about the Mexico/Spanish versions is a whole new strain I wasn't aware of!

You guys should do some cross referencing. I think you could probably help each other out.