IGNORED

Commodore C64/C128 Ram Expansion Unit

sloopy

As many of you with Commodore computers know, a REU is a useful piece of hardware to have... Recently in my mail, 'I got a Box', and inside was and interesting new device I picked up...

It is a "DAC 1MB REU" by http://digitalaudioconcepts.com/ and i must say this thing is nice...

Front

post-24811-0-33228300-1326770174_thumb.jpg

Back

post-24811-0-10911900-1326770195_thumb.jpg

Cased (I havn't put the label on it yet ;')

post-24811-0-96327100-1326770245_thumb.jpg

And it fits in some common C= carts with just the screw pillar being removed and the 'latches' on the side holding the cart together...

I have had this a few days, and its much better then my 512k 1764, as it is MUCH smaller, and contains a full 1MB of ram... (V, 16mb next? :') And since it uses the same main IC (the REC) as a standard Commodore RAM Expansion Unit, it is full compatible with all the same apps (Wheels, GEOS, MOD's, etc) as stock.

Now on to why I am posting this, as some of you know I am primarily an 8bit Atari computer person, and I am looking for suggestions on testing this thing out. Now i have used the common CMD test utility, Wheels, and playing music on it, I am looking for something else, games? apps?

thanks,

sloopy.