IGNORED

jungle hunt developers?

vprette

Sounds interesting. I may be interested once I finish Christmas Carol.

Are there game technical specs, or do we have to reverse-engineer them based on observations of the arcade?

I would say reverse engineer

OK, I'm still in. Send me a PM with some details. However, I won't be able to work on it for at least a couple of months while I finish Christmas Carol.

As far as I recall, there only four screens: Swinging from trees, swimming with crocodiles, running up the hill with rocks, and the cannibals with the cauldron. Right? I'll spend some time in MAME to figure it out.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Are there game technical specs, or do we have to reverse-engineer them based on observations of the arcade?

OK, I'm still in. However, I won't be able to work on it for at least a couple of months while I finish Christmas Carol. I'll spend some time in MAME figuring out the game.

There are three screens, right?

jungle, river, mountain and village if I remember well

OK, I'm still in. However, I won't be able to work on it for at least a couple of months while I finish Christmas Carol. I'll spend some time in MAME figuring out the game.

Yeah. As you were posting I was editing my previous message with the four screens. Seems simple enough. I'll have to play it now with a programmer's critical eye.

Yeah. As you were posting I was editing my previous message with the four screens. Seems simple enough. I'll have to play it now with a programmer's critical eye.

very nice :-)

I played Jungle Hunt a lot personally, and you are correct... The modifications in new trips through came from wierder angles (speed, etc) of the vines in stage 1, more of the faster (and wider traveling crocs) in stage 2, More of the bounding (and half bounding) boulders in stage 3, and faster moving (but not by much usually as this was the pushover of the 4) in stage 4 of each repeat.

I'd be willing to help as well if needed on this.

I played Jungle Hunt a lot personally, and you are correct... The modifications in new trips through came from wierder angles (speed, etc) of the vines in stage 1, more of the faster (and wider traveling crocs) in stage 2, More of the bounding (and half bounding) boulders in stage 3, and faster moving (but not by much usually as this was the pushover of the 4) in stage 4 of each repeat.

Stage 4 also featured a guy shooting a dart (arrow?) at you from a tree, at least in the arcade version. Also don't forget the monkey on Stage 1.

Stage 4 also featured a guy shooting a dart (arrow?) at you from a tree, at least in the arcade version. Also don't forget the monkey on Stage 1.

Wow, I had forgotten about the monkey. I'll need to fire up MAME tonight and check it out. Jungle Hunt was always one of my favorite arcade games.

-dZ.

The guy in question was removed in virtually all home ports... I also don't remember the monkey as again he was removed from almost all home ports.

I don't know of a home port with the little guy on stage 4, but the monkey is in the Atari 8-bit/5200 port.