IGNORED

What is the story behind Pacar?

65Gamerguy

There is a rom of Pacar for the ColecoVision that I assume is a port of the SG-1000 version of the game since I have seen footage of the game on you tube and they look almost identical. Was this game ever released for the CV by anyone? Or is it another game that almost saw the light of day but never got released like a kind of a prototype?

Just curious about this since I have never heard, or read, anything about the CV version.

Thanks for any info.

Pacar was never released in cartridge form for the CV, just the rom file. From the little that I have played it, it seems to have been completely ported over, but maybe it was never 100% beta tested and the person responsible for the port did not want it released in cart form. Maybe down the road it will be revisited like Mr. Do!'s Wild Ride might be.

The story is pretty short, actually: Steve Bégin began the SG-1000 port, got pretty far into it, but encountered technical problems along the way and he lost interest, and he never got back to it.

So Steve Begin is responsible for this port? By that I mean he did this himself and this was not an unreleased rom done by Coleco, or any company, or anything like that?

Thanks for all the info!

So Steve Begin is responsible for this port? By that I mean he did this himself and this was not an unreleased rom done by Coleco, or any company, or anything like that?

That's right. It's a standard homebrew SG-1000 port, like Lode Runner and Penguin Land, which Steve also did.

That's right. It's a standard homebrew SG-1000 port, like Lode Runner and Penguin Land, which Steve also did.

Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware until you pointed it out to me that he did Lode Runner and Penguin Land as well as Pacar.

Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware until you pointed it out to me that he did Lode Runner and Penguin Land as well as Pacar.

Steve worked on the MSX port of Mr Do's Wild Ride as well. Not sure what other games he worked on, aside from his Arkanoid clone called "Wizard Siege", which he never finished, AFAIK.

I wish Steve was still doing games, he did an awesome job on Penguin Land.

Well, he still is, sorta... He's been working on an altered version of Lode Runner for CollectorVision. But from what Steve told me last month, retroilucid hasn't been doing a good job of keeping in touch with him. He's wondering if J-F is still interested at all in publishing it! :ponder:

Well, he still is, sorta... He's been working on an altered version of Lode Runner for CollectorVision. But from what Steve told me last month, retroilucid hasn't been doing a good job of keeping in touch with him. He's wondering if J-F is still interested at all in publishing it! :ponder:

Ah DAMN!! :x .....

that remind me that I had to contact him! ....shit, I totally forgot

I'm interested to publish his games but last time I talked with Steve, he was super busy, so I was waiting Steve to contact me when he would have more freetime (he was going to re-doing Lode Runner from scratch at that time)

Now, time to contact Steve I guess ;)

Ah DAMN!! :x .....

that remind me that I had to contact him! ....shit, I totally forgot

I'm interested to publish his games but last time I talked with Steve, he was super busy, so I was waiting Steve to contact me when he would have more freetime (he was going to re-doing Lode Runner from scratch at that time)

Now, time to contact Steve I guess ;)

I finally had some talks with Steve over the last few days

We discussed about Lode Runner (obviously!)

Lode Runner WILL be published by CollectorVision this year! :)

More infos to come!