IGNORED

Stonekeep

Mendon

I see that Stonekeep is now available for download for 500pts... $5. Just curious if anyone bought it and if so, what are your thoughts on the game?

I haven't bought a Wii download game since shortly after the launch of the system but I'm really tempted to make the purchase of this game just because I enjoyed the original Stonekeep on the computer.

Mendon

• 3 weeks later...

My son gave me a Wii points card and I debated over what to get. Several games interested me, including Stonekeep. The game hadn't gotten much attention at all and what few reviews I read, both by individuals and gaming sites, frowned severely on it.

But I have found over the years that I frequently like games that others discard. And I liked the original Stonekeep. So what the heck, I thought.... I'll take a chance.

45min of gameplay later and I came to the conclusion that this had been a total waste of Wii points. Wizard77 is right: terrible, terrible controls, mush graphic's, a worthless ally, and the same-looking mazes/puzzles/enemies no matter where I went.

I can't help but wonder: do any developers use "gamer off the street" outside input on a title before it releases anymore? I'm not sure what Interplay had in mind when they developed this game, but fun it is not.

Mendon

• 1 month later...

Www.vc-reviews.com is a trustworthy site regarding most Wii games. I wondered about Stonekeep too until I saw they gave it 3/10. That's my go-to site for Wii reviews. I know some people don't put stock in "professional" reviews ("how would anyone else know what I like?") but they seem to have a good track record.