IGNORED

Beebris on cart?

ACrystal2011

yep, jcp -f beebris.rom would do it..... (if you have a skunk) if you want to make your own copy you'll have to source parts and burn the image to chips *assuming its encrypted and setup to run from cartridge...)

and then get a shell with screws. soldering is required as well as an eeprom eraser and programmer. NOt cheap to do by any means. now you know why most dont make carts... :) expensive and time consuming...

Edited by rush6432
  • Like 2

I dont know how to do it and everyone i have asked said they dont make carts with homebrews as it causes problems and i dont want to get someone to do anything that would be considered illegal. I guess my best bet is to get a skunk i just wanted it to have its own cart as im a huge tetris fan and have it on all my systems lol

yep, jcp -f beebris.rom would do it..... (if you have a skunk) if you want to make your own copy you'll have to source parts and burn the image to chips *assuming its encrypted and setup to run from cartridge...)

and then get a shell with screws. soldering is required as well as an eeprom eraser and programmer. NOt cheap to do by any means. now you know why most dont make carts... :) expensive and time consuming...

making carts is only outrageously expensive to start with, ie purchasing something that can burn the necessary chips is usually the expensive part. actual parts for making a cartridge costs a relatively small amount about £10 per cartridge, probably less. most people will tell you different though indicating that the the parts will set you back an arm and a leg which is simply is not true. what is true however, if you want the best deal you need to buy in bulk and the combined cost of say 400 eproms will be a lot of cash where as the price of 2 on their own is i would say is less then £5 but the individual cost of these will be higher than if you bought them in 400 packs

• Like 4

The programmer is the expensive part. eraser can be had cheap too if you screw up a few eeproms but. i dont know the average price of the programmers because there are quite a few chinese knockoff willems out there but a GOOD name brand one runs like 250-400 from what ive seen in the past.

Bulk for cart parts/chips is the way to go as it drops the price significantly as OMF said.

Burning beebris wouldnt be illegal since the rom is avail for download and the authors released it for download. Reselling a cart version however might not be a wise idea without consulting the authors for permission though just out of respect.

Would be cool to have cartridge versions of all the complete homebrews though :)

Edited by rush6432
  • Like 1

...but if they then start selling them.....

... or paying for the 'service' of having it put on a cart...

Then again, anyone who wants Beebris on cart should probably seek the advice of a medical expert or make sure they don't forget to keep taking the tablets.

• Like 5

@ CyranoJ - The Superfly DX Dual Format Special Edition 001/005 i won off ebay long ago from "sh3-rg" for more than the $99 starting bid i paid for it, so how can you say i'm selling it for "multiples" more than what i paid for it?? Really dude! Get your facts straight! Why would you make such a direct comment towards me when you know this is exactly what happened last time you were being a dick to me on these forums?? Your bitching about somebody possibly selling a game that's not even worth your guys time or money lol get real..... so pathetic.

How much did you guys make off me when i bought Superfly DX again?? In fact i bought several copies supporting your release, yet if i make a few bucks its the end of the world... You want your prices to always stay the same then make them always available if you want to control the market for your games forever.

I actually made that offer to produce your Beebris cartridges as a friend,not about making money, but the first thing that comes to your mind is somebody might resell it!!! Truth is your a dick and will always be dick. Anybody who has been on these forums for awhile can see through all the smoke and mirrors. "JAGUAR RULES!"

I don't think there's ever smoke & mirrors when it comes to CJ... he says what he thinks, sometimes it's wrong and sometimes it pisses people off... nothing new there.

Anyone who has been on these forums for a while can see that without the use of either smoke, mirrors or need for name calling, just ignore him.

The whole thread is a waste of time anyway, there is no genuine desire for a Beebris cart, whatever acrystal or whatever she calls herself says. Anyone who is a really Tetris fan knows Beebris has flawed controls, due to the way it was originally coded for the ST, we've never hidden that and there's only a few of us who can live with that and reach level 40.

But hey, thanks for your offer anyway. As it stands, if we really wanted to make carts we could do it ourselves, but there's no need as all our games are targetted to single or multiple 2mb loads and we only ever work with people who share a similar way of thinking to ourselves.

ps as you asked, we didn't make any money from selling you SFDX, we sold you 2xBeebris and 2xSFDX for £55 including insured delivery & PayPal fees, which ammounts to making a loss on the SFDXs if the Beebris were considered at the break-even price they were sold at.

pps You actually won the SFDX Dual auction for $60.00 delivered, but when you bought it, it became yours and up to you whether you keep it, sell it, give it away or stick it on the BBQ. But not, as CJ said, 'many multiples of what you paid for it'. Only if someone is daft enough to buy-it-now at $135.00, then it's over twice the amt... but nobody has bought it and I seriously doubt anyone would as the games are both freely availabe and no different to any other versions out there.

• Like 1

@ CyranoJ - The Superfly DX Dual Format Special Edition 001/005 i won off ebay long ago from "sh3-rg" for more than the $99 starting bid i paid for it, so how can you say i'm selling it for "multiples" more than what i paid for it?? Really dude! Get your facts straight! Why would you make such a direct comment towards me when you know this is exactly what happened last time you were being a dick to me on these forums?? Your bitching about somebody possibly selling a game that's not even worth your guys time or money lol get real..... so pathetic.

How much did you guys make off me when i bought Superfly DX again?? In fact i bought several copies supporting your release, yet if i make a few bucks its the end of the world... You want your prices to always stay the same then make them always available if you want to control the market for your games forever.

I actually made that offer to produce your Beebris cartridges as a friend,not about making money, but the first thing that comes to your mind is somebody might resell it!!! Truth is your a dick and will always be dick. Anybody who has been on these forums for awhile can see through all the smoke and mirrors. "JAGUAR RULES!"

don't buy or support their releases, same to you Crystal.

Not all homebrew makes it out on every media format available for the target machine. Its up to the developer(s) at the end of the day. If you want to play something that isn't available on cart and the ROM image is available then get a Skunkboard or play it in emulation.

• Like 2

don't buy or support their releases, same to you Crystal.

I love your valuable contributions to the jaguar forum Mr. Tough.

Support? lol. We don't need anyone's support, we do fine doing what we do, thanks. You either download a game & play it, buy something to own if you like it or do neither and mind your own fecking business :lol:

• Like 3