IGNORED

need help identifying an old DOS pc game

bomberpunk

this game came out sometime in the 90s,and it's a shooter available back then via 'shareware'. i thought it was either Raptor or Tyrian but the Youtube videos prove them not to be the one i'm thinking of. the sad thing is all i can remember is the title song; a hard-rock loop, complete with a guitar lead, being played during either the title screen or the main menu. i'm almost positive it's a military shooter and not a space shooter. definitely not sidescroller either. most likely top-down but i can't remember.

does this ring a bell to anyone?

after a couple hours of extensive searching i still cannot find the damn game. it's mostly because i don't remember what it looks like so screen shots & videos aren't helping me. the ONLY thing that i thoroughly remember was that theme song / title screen song so i have recreated this half-assed version and uploaded it below:

Unidentified_90s_Shooter.mp3

this search is starting to get on my nerves. i'm beginning to think that it might be some re-release or special edition version either Raptor or Tyrian

Edited by bomberpunk

Just a guess but if you could give us the company name that might help. But Epic Megagames had a shooter game called Zone 66. It was a top-down shooter of sorts, but you could fly in all directions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JQ-BzfVx5I

Perhaps that's it?

Edited by rockman_x_2002

after a couple hours of extensive searching i still cannot find the damn game. it's mostly because i don't remember what it looks like so screen shots & videos aren't helping me. the ONLY thing that i thoroughly remember was that theme song / title screen song so i have recreated this half-assed version and uploaded it below:

Unidentified_90s_Shooter.mp3

this search is starting to get on my nerves. i'm beginning to think that it might be some re-release or special edition version either Raptor or Tyrian

And btw, you made this? Thats not bad. Do you make chiptune music, have a link or a youtube page?

Zone 66 is not the game either. i do remember a bit more although not much. the title screen was where the catchy rock song looped. the picture on the title screen was mostly orange-ish, with either a cockpit view of some kinda dog fight in the distance or a cityscape (or both). also, MAYBE there was 3rd person view of the ship. it was definitely a static screen, no animation. the gameplay was nothing like the title screen.

as for that mp3, i made it within 10 minutes using WarioWare D.I.Y. (nintendo DS game), then exported it with a double-male headphone wire into the PC using a sound recording program. i noticed that the stereo sound got messed up and the "electric guitar" is much lower in volume than the other tracks. i do have other tracks (made the same way) floating around, such as: battletoads: turbo tunnel revival and a whole EP of originals.