IGNORED

What's this guy smoking?

What the hell is he selling? Reproduction boxes? There are no pictures to really show what these boxes look like. He even contradicts himself. First he will say in includes "original" manual. But if you read on he then says the manual is a reprint. This is weird. lol

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3306789355651?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330678935565&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2307380132611?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230738013261&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Here is what his 'reproduction box looks like: Commando eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2307379636801?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230737963680&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

what he did is put these games in a Universal Game Case, you can buy these cases for about 1.00 each. Just google it.

Then he must of went to a site like The Cover Project and downloaded and printed out a cover or made it himself.

http://www.thecoverp...w.php?cat_id=31

Although The Cover Project doesnt have a Commando cover uploaded.

Edited by revolutionika

Oh, yes Genesis style clamshells. My all time favorite game boxes. If i could do it affordably i'd love to have all games this way. I could afford $1 a box, but the printing side is where i'd have trouble. I have an old obsolete bottom of the line printer that has been out of color ink for a few years now. Plus the quality would be crappy anyway.

On the flip side i would never mutilate my own Intellivision boxes to fit the clamshell. I seen people do that with Snes games etc. Really barbaric looking.

Just out of curiosity, what's everyone's opinion of the UGCs versus custom printed boxes? I have to admit, I love the old Sega Genesis boxes, and they look somewhat similar.

It seems like it would compare favorably to the "standard" cardboard boxes cost/resource-wise for new homebrew games. I'd like it in that you don't have to worry nearly as much about crushing your box!

• Like 2

Just out of curiosity, what's everyone's opinion of the UGCs versus custom printed boxes? I have to admit, I love the old Sega Genesis boxes, and they look somewhat similar.

I think if some homebrew developer started releasing his lineup of games all in UGC's so they would all match, that would be fine.

But if it didnt bring the 50.00 price tag of the average boxed homebrew down to maybe 40 to 45 then i say keep the cardboard box.

i love the sms/genesis cases too. they are nice and sturdy!