IGNORED

atari 400/800 slot 3 expansions sum up

candle

Hi!

Could someone sum up RAM-SLOT 3 expansion modules for Atari 400/800?

I know there is some kind of graphics card (80 column text-only display i belive), but there might be others i don't know about

It essencial for my work on new personality board, and since i'm finnishing with routing of the later one, it would be nice to have it served rather than digged out ;)

Sebastian

what i need is any information if above two can work with slots 1 & 2 unpopulated (some daisychaining involved)

I very much doubt that that the 80-column cards used the "daisy-chain" RAM select signals on slot 3, because most 32K cards (especially the Axlon) for slot 2 did not pass a RAM select signal to slot 3.

AFAIK, no RAM card will work alone in slot 3 without loopbacks or jumpers.

I think an 80-column card in slot 3 will work without RAM cards in slots 1 and 2 because I don't think it uses the RAM select signals. I think an 80 column card uses the I/O page select signals -Y5 and -Y6, and possibly -EXSEL. But I am not absolutely sure, because I don't have one.

I recall reading an article by David Small where he mentionned a disk system he sold that connected through the OS board - could that be what you're remembering?

I believe you are referring to the ADS Integrater board, mentioned in the thread below.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/182024-corvus-interface-ads-integrater/page__view__findpost__p__2281268