IGNORED

The Burgertime level editor for Intellivision.

Rev

I actually have about 3 or 4 BT roms done with differing levels... Note a few things...

1) Each version may have only 7 levels (8 with the title card "level", but that one is unplayable, but does need to be valid to fire up).

2) You need a spot for each bun/monster/player/pepper to start the board.

3) a one bun level is possible, but would really suck!

:)

I would love an updated version of Burgertime with newly designed levels. And to be able to play it on an actual Intellivision.

I played an online version called Burgertimes which was just that. All new levels. But i had to use the arrow keys so forget that. There is also a rom version that i can't remember if i tried or not. I'd be curious to know how the rom version plays on the Intellivision via the Cuttle Cart.

But this would be one homebrew i'd buy in a heartbeat. In the meantime i do have Beef Drop for the Atari 7800 that has extra levels. I hope one day this actually happens and gets made.

Edited by IntellivisionDude

And for those who have never seen them, here are the 4 newly designed levels that are included in the Atari 7800 Homebrew Beef Drop. Not bad at all. I just wish there was more new levels. I'd like to see some insane crazy layout designs. :) :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO5UhP6nP20

I've always been looking for a new project, maybe this might be that project...

help me understand...

using the level maker, you added 7 custom levels to the rom (original levels disappear, right?)

What exactly you get when running the rom? is the game proceeding like the original from title screen to your first custom level and everything works (score update, level transitions)?

so to actually have a NEW game, you just need to disassembler the rom to change the text in title screen and put a different title and copyrights...

is this all?

because in this case, I would be interested to collaborate with you to put such rom in cart and make a box for a very limited distribution here in europe, are you interested?

Edited by vprette

help me understand...

using the level maker, you added 7 custom levels to the rom (original levels disappear, right?)

What exactly you get when running the rom? is the game proceeding like the original from title screen to your first custom level and everything works (score update, level transitions)?

so to actually have a NEW game, you just need to disassembler the rom to change the text in title screen and put a different title and copyrights...

is this all?

because in this case, I would be interested to collaborate with you to put such rom in cart and make a box for a very limited distribution here in europe, are you interested?

Hey, why only a limited edition in europe? :mad:

• Like 1

help me understand...

is this all?

sorry I meant to say the cart could be produced in europe, meaning box and overlays could be made in germany and UK, but the cart would be available to anyone in the forum :-)

you scared me :(

Edited by vprette

help me understand...

is this all?

sorry I meant to say the cart could be produced in europe, meaning box and overlays could be made in germany and UK, but the cart would be available to anyone in the forum :-)

you scared me :(

No, you scared me!!! :-D

• 3 months later...

How awesome would a boxed BURGERTIME REMIX be?

just sayin'

I been wanting that for years now. Same game, same graphics, just some new level designs. And since i don't own a Cuttle Cart i can't experience any of the remixes that are out there. There is one called Burgertimes right?

Give me some creative well thought out looking levels. Insane is ok too as long as there is a pattern that can be learned.

Yeah, the crazier the better....Afterall, these old games only ever really consisted of a few levels anyway. Someone could put like 10 or more BT levels on a normal cart?

Afterall, Popeye only has 3 screens, and the list goes on.