IGNORED

GP2X Running Intellivision Emulator

Rev

How hard would it be to take an SD card with all the Intellivision Rooms loaded (my cc3 minisd card) and run them on this handheld?

http://www.ipernity....tualsky/2376383

Im sure that some games wouldnt be compatible though, but maybe alot of the arcade style games would be, which are my favorite.

Here is GP2X on Wiki: http://www.google.co...g1_U98Zr3bQ5s0g

Edited by revolutionika

The only problem with Intellivision emulation on a modded PSP is that the only emulator is not that great. It's a ported version of jzIntv. I've been playing with it a fair amount: while I find that about 60% of ROMs run fine, the other 40% won't run at all.

The only problem with Intellivision emulation on a modded PSP is that the only emulator is not that great. It's a ported version of jzIntv. I've been playing with it a fair amount: while I find that about 60% of ROMs run fine, the other 40% won't run at all.

I believe the ds version has better compatability.

I believe the ds version has better compatability.

i need to find someone to shoe me how to set up my 3ds to run this emulator.

Probably a silly question, but are these ROMs confirmed working in other versions of jzintv (Mac/PC/Linux)? If you have bare .bin files, or the equivalent suffix .int, then many games will crash jzintv because it doesn't know how to configure the memory map. Either .bin + .cfg files or, better, .rom files (which combine the preceding two somehow) will work fine.

I don't know if other emulators include an internal checksum system that handles this, but I assume so given the number of .int and .bin files that are going around.

Probably a silly question, but are these ROMs confirmed working in other versions of jzintv (Mac/PC/Linux)? If you have bare .bin files, or the equivalent suffix .int, then many games will crash jzintv because it doesn't know how to configure the memory map. Either .bin + .cfg files or, better, .rom files (which combine the preceding two somehow) will work fine.

I don't know if other emulators include an internal checksum system that handles this, but I assume so given the number of .int and .bin files that are going around.

99% of the time, when I get an email saying "Atlantis doesn't work" or "Demon Attack just crashes", it's because they have a BIN file (maybe named INT or ITV) without the CFG. I don't know of any Intellivision game that runs incorrectly on jzIntv.

How hard would it be to take an SD card with all the Intellivision Rooms loaded (my cc3 minisd card) and run them on this handheld?

http://www.ipernity....tualsky/2376383

Im sure that some games wouldnt be compatible though, but maybe alot of the arcade style games would be, which are my favorite.

Here is GP2X on Wiki: http://www.google.co...g1_U98Zr3bQ5s0g

jzIntv compiles for GP2X out of the box, thanks to the work Rick Reynolds did. If you can get a compiler for the GP2X, you can build your own copy. Or see if you can bug Rick into releasing his build.

The gp2x's suck. I had one. The emulation is too slow. A modded psp is so much faster and smoother. The nintendo ds has an intv emu as well.

With what emulator? Rick had the GP2X running jzIntv at 100% last time I checked. I believe there may have been other port of jzIntv to the GP2X that someone renamed. I don't know how well it performed.

I normally run either Nostalgia or Bliss on my Windows machine. I have installed jzIntv with the Intelliware front-end, but I haven't used it much. The ROMs I have trouble with on my PSP seem to run fine with either Nostalgia or Bliss.

The files I've tried on my PSP version of jzIntv are generally .INT formats. I've tried using .BIN for the ROMs that won't run, with no difference. If I should be running '.ROM' formats, perhaps someone could be kind enough to PM me with info for a site with such downloads; I visited perhaps ten different download sites last night after reading the comments above, yet I couldn't find anywhere that had Intellivision downloads in a .ROM format. INT and BIN formats, yes; ROM, no.

I normally run either Nostalgia or Bliss on my Windows machine. I have installed jzIntv with the Intelliware front-end, but I haven't used it much. The ROMs I have trouble with on my PSP seem to run fine with either Nostalgia or Bliss.

The files I've tried on my PSP version of jzIntv are generally .INT formats. I've tried using .BIN for the ROMs that won't run, with no difference. If I should be running '.ROM' formats, perhaps someone could be kind enough to PM me with info for a site with such downloads; I visited perhaps ten different download sites last night after reading the comments above, yet I couldn't find anywhere that had Intellivision downloads in a .ROM format. INT and BIN formats, yes; ROM, no.

I'm not going to help you with download sites, sorry. But, if you can find the correct configs to go with these .INT or .BIN files (there's no difference other than the filename), they'll run just fine in jzIntv. Many of the Imagic games map to $4800 - $67FF, for example, and there's a few out there that have other mappings.

I've thought about doing automatic config detection in jzIntv. In fact, I have a spreadsheet I compiled for Chad's CC3 utility that maps known binary CRCs to configs. But, since anyone who has legitimate access to the ROMs (ie. actually paid for Intellivision Lives! or Intellivision Rocks!) also has the configs, I haven't really felt motivated to do so.

(Edit: I did hear of a case where someone had renamed a .ROM to .INT. You can tell if it's supposed to be .ROM or .BIN by the file size. .ROMs are always an odd number of bytes, and .BINs are always an even number of bytes.)

Edited by intvnut

Of course I have Intellivision Lives for the DS. Waited forever for it to come out....

Does another emulator exist for the DS? I have to say... The Intellivision Lives is lacking on MANY levels.

I was happy to buy it, no regrets at all. But let me play single player ( 2 player games ) without turning on 2 DS's!!!!

ie Auto Racing , Triple Action Racing etc.

Also, the colision detection is not very good..... Colision with objects that are backgrounds etc. For 5+ years to test this software......not very good.

Also, I think they should have used the touch screen as the disc in some of the games. Bowling, Auto Racing and other 16 direction games.

Just my 17 cents... darn that cost of living....LOL

If I should be running '.ROM' formats, perhaps someone could be kind enough to PM me with info for a site with such downloads; I visited perhaps ten different download sites last night after reading the comments above, yet I couldn't find anywhere that had Intellivision downloads in a .ROM format. INT and BIN formats, yes; ROM, no.

I have a post here with a link to a Yahoogroup posting that gives memory maps for all of the different games that require them. My post also has an example of the proper format for Tower of Doom:

[mapping]
$0000-$1FFF=$5000
$2000-$3FFF=$9000
$4000-$4FFF=$D000
$5000-$5FFF=$F000

You can either put a .cfg file in the same directory as your .bin/.int (with the same name before the prefix), or use bin2rom to combine them into a single file.

I think the only ones that haven't worked with bin2rom were USCF Chess, which required some additional stuff because of the onboard RAM, and a homebrew that turned out to be a .rom disguised as an .int. Here's the contents of my .cfg file for USCF Chess:

[memattr]
$D000-$D3FF = RAM 8

All the other .cfg files I've made based on the Yahoogroup post (here's a direct link) have worked.

If the system has a GameBoy Color emulator, you can try running Intellivision for GameBoy Color on it. You should get pretty decent performance.

Is it still possible to get a copy of your "Intellivision for GameBoy Color" emulator?

I'd love to try it on my Dingo a-320... :)

It was released to the public in 2003. Unfortunately, the programs required to build IGB files for use with the emulator will no longer run under current operating systems (at the time, it worked under MS-DOS, Windows '9x/XP/NT).

However, it should be easy to include DOSBox.

When I get around to it, I'll post the new archive to my blog. I would be delighted if someone got some use out of it.

Carl