IGNORED

Back in business!

Thanks to an insanely generous donation from our own Revolutionika, I am now the proud owner of a Sears Super Arcade, several boxes, and a few games I never had before. Three cheers for Rev, helping out a family that was stripped of Intellivision goodness by the filthy Neotoma cinerea. To try it out the wife and I played Frogger. I scored 4,880. My darling bride 6,340. Sigh.

Oh and while we're at it? There's a baby on the way. Rev's gift will help show the next generation what good gaming is really all about.

• Like 1

Congrats!

...oh wait..... :P

Pics or it didnt happen!!!

There was going to be an unboxing video, but I came home from chopping wood to find my wife had already set everything up. There will be pics of everything tomorrow or the day after.

...unless you're asking for pics of the babymaking. If that's the case, you may kindly blow it out your orifice of choice.

Congrats!

There was going to be an unboxing video, but I came home from chopping wood to find my wife had already set everything up. There will be pics of everything tomorrow or the day after.

...unless you're asking for pics of the babymaking. If that's the case, you may kindly blow it out your orifice of choice.

i meant the intv stuff!!!

side note: why do half the threads on AA end up sexual somehow?!?!?! LOL

Congrats!

Because we're men.

Congrats!

Because we're men.

Oh yeah!

And now, about those babymaking pics?

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Congrats!

Because we're men.

Oh yeah!

And now, about those babymaking pics?

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Blow it out your orifice of choice.

Because the Golden Girls don't tire you out enough ;).

You just had to go there......getting me all hot and bothered now!

Townparkradio, maybe you should abandon this thread and make a new one.....this one has gone to hell.

Now I seek only a 7800, 5200, and Colecovision, and I have a complete low-wattage/solar arcade. It's honestly amazing how well a fit the older systems are to those living green.

But honestly, I can't see how any of them hit the same niche as the Inty. Coleco had good arcade ports.. the best.. but nothing in depth. The 2600 had great mass appeal, but no nerd appeal to speak of. The 7800... blargh. That system was crippled before it was released because of the sound. No joke, I don't understand how the Inty wasn't #1.

The 7800... blargh. That system was crippled before it was released because of the sound.

You might want to head over to the 7800 forum. There is the upcoming expansion module (XM) which has a POKEY and YM2151 built in. There is a good homebrew scene too (I program the 7800 as well ;)).

The 7800... blargh. That system was crippled before it was released because of the sound.

You might want to head over to the 7800 forum. There is the upcoming expansion module (XM) which has a POKEY and YM2151 built in. There is a good homebrew scene too (I program the 7800 as well ;)).

Eh. I'm a bit poor. to have any hope of affording the system itself or any expansion module I'd have to barter advertisements on my radio station. That and Marty Goldberg annoys me. I tend to avoid the Atari sections.

Now I seek only a 7800, 5200, and Colecovision, and I have a complete low-wattage/solar arcade. It's honestly amazing how well a fit the older systems are to those living green.
But honestly, I can't see how any of them hit the same niche as the Inty. Coleco had good arcade ports.. the best.. but nothing in depth. The 2600 had great mass appeal, but no nerd appeal to speak of. The 7800... blargh. That system was crippled before it was released because of the sound. No joke, I don't understand how the Inty wasn't #1.

I'm disappointed that it never achieved a larger market share, too, now that I've had an Intellivision for several years and have come to appreciate it. One reason that occurs to me is the price: the original Intellivision was $300, or about $780 in today's dollars. The 2600 also had the advantage of coming along earlier, and because it was from Atari, it got the hottest arcade licenses, and whatever licenses Atari didn't have, Coleco bought up not long afterward. That left the Intellivision with its own library of originals, which are excellent games, but lacking most of the big-name titles that were popular with the kids. I suppose another reason is that it was just so different: to this day, when you ask people what they don't like about the Intellivision, the reasons they will give you boil down to "I don't like it because it isn't an Atari."

(By the way ... this is an aside, but thanks very much for the information you've shared about your experiences with video game systems and solar power. I've found it to be fascinating reading, and I'm especially surprised to learn how much more energy-efficient the vintage systems are compared to the more recent ones.)

Just think how many games would of been out for intv (and other consoles) if that darn crash of 83 didnt happen!

Maybe intellivision would of gotton a port of E.T.!!!!!!! :grin:

(By the way ... this is an aside, but thanks very much for the information you've shared about your experiences with video game systems and solar power. I've found it to be fascinating reading, and I'm especially surprised to learn how much more energy-efficient the vintage systems are compared to the more recent ones.)

What's sad about it is the modern systems usually don't even give as much gaming pleasure as the old ones. The new systems are better at epic RPG style experiences, but that's IT. No other genre are they even equal. And yes I include FPS. What have they done worth a damn since doom 2, really? And Doom ran just fine on a 24 watt drawing SNES.

• Like 1